Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Introduce myself and my experiences so that the studnets get to know that their instructor is experienced in the area.

Greet the students when they come in and remember their names. 

It is a time to get acquianted with what we will be doing, how to get there, and who the individuals are

Learning students names and calling them by there name during claass, is beneficial to the students confidence.  I like the idea of the name tents and the picturese with students name under them, to help remeber the students name quicker. 

I like the having more tools to be successful for the first day of class. I know for a fact that this sets the stage for a good block or semester class. I make it a point to learn their names asap.  I repeat their names numerous times through out the class and make it a fun challenge for my self. By day 2 end of class we review and I call each student out by their first name with there hands over their nametags on their jackets. 

I liked the suggestion of greeting students as they walk into class the first day.

Create the environment that you need to have exist in the class.  That environment should ecourage ease of conversation, trust in the system for building a learning setting, a comfort between students as well as between student and teacher.

Ice breaker introductions are important to do with a class on the first day as well as setting expectations. 

It is important to make your students comfortable, remember their names, help break the ice and make them comfortable not bombard them with rules and expectations o the first day.

The important steps and information required to take/have for the first day of class.

Introductions in the first class meeting is very important.

I learned that it is important to set students up for success the first day. Be intentional. Also be certain to cover all aspects of the syllabus thoroughly to ensure students undertand their responsibilities and the scope of the work.

Make sure to introduce yourself and to learn each students name.  Build trust from day 1

I learned that is important to foster communication and bring a sense of community and caring. Students should feel comfortable by gaining knowledge of course info, requirements, and expectations. 

Introducing yourself is a vital component during the initial class.  This can help ease tension and most importaintly portray that you are very experienced in terms of the topic at hand.  

This module taught me the importance of knowing each student by name and making an effort to let students know a little bit about myself. 

I learned to have students introduce themselves and tell you something about themselves in order to get to know them. 

Introduction and sharing experiences early in class is a way to get to know your students and make them comfortable.

I have learned another technique for helping to remembering students names and the importance of why we do what we do no matter how simple or insignificant it may feel. Putting yourself in the student's position helps to answer the why's... and that reinforaces my sense of duty. To inspire and be creative and not to go through the motions because I have to.

Engage the student through shared intellect, their hearts/passion for the subject, respecting but challenging in their intuition

Sign In to comment