Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Taking a moment to greet each student and learn their names tends to net a greater sense of connectivity and mutual respect that enhances the learning environment.

Great tips on how to remember names of the class!

Getting to know your sudent. 

I would like to apply this by making sure students leave their first day with a sense of comfort and ease. I'd like to learn one new thing about them so that I can better understand their background and build a strong foundation with them. I would also like them to feel like they can always come to be with any questions or concerns and show them that I care about them all indivudually and their success. 

Arrive early, greet evenyone, learn names and go over Syllabus, policies and expectations.

Its important to cover basic things during the first day of class to help set expectations and allow students to feel like they will be successful.

I've learned about showing the students that you are human, with outside interests and hobbies.  It's important to get to know their hobbies and interests as well and establish a good rapport on common ground.  Getting to know why they are interested in the topic, and what gets them excited about the topic is key, and a great way to start your first day!  It's important to remember their name, and get them acquainted comfortably with the rest of the class using various methods like counting off and small groups.  

It is important to include your students when setting the goals for the class

Healthy learning environment should be set during the first class. 

Know your students as they know you.

I would definitely implement the use of index card to know my students name, contact info and what they're expectations are throughout the course.

motivating the students, appretiation of the value of the learning experience,expectation of success,belief that performance is related to rewards

Steps in learning your students names and how important it is to you and your students

I have learned to engage my students in every aspect of learning from the moment they step into mu class room 

ensure that everyday ends with 

1. A sense of where they’re going and how they’ll get there.
  2. A feeling that the other members of the class are not strangers.
  3. An awareness that you care about their learning.
  4. An expectation that the course will be both valuable and enjoyable

I already do a lot of these things on the first day of class so this does help reinforce that what I'm doing should be continued. I do like the idea of discussing how class time will be spent so students will have less uncertainty the next time we meet.

Introduction of the instructor to the students and the students to the instructor will add a feeling of comfort that will lead to appreaciation, expectation and the potential rewards that the student will leave with the first day in your class. 

Pay attention to the introduction of students.  This may give some valuable insight as to their REAL background and/limitations of experience.  Very important because you may discover that the student is unfamiliar with course content.  I learned this the hard way.  

Goals are needed and should be listed in the syllabus.

make sure the students feel like you actually care about what you're presenting and their success, be human, and have them leave the first class with an understanding of where they're going and how they're going to get there.

Having students leave the classroom with a sense of secureness and feeling as if their time was well vested is the best feeling. 

Introduce myself, allow students to introduce themselves and learn to correctly pronounce their names.

To ask each students name and to find out about them to determine the way i will teach the class

Sign In to comment