Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Intruducting self and asking about students to get them know better. 

I learned to make the student feel comfortable and let them know what to expect on the first day of the course. 

Learning student names as well as any nicknames or alternate names that they prefer is important in making them feel confortable in the classroom.

The module was very informative. I have been a clinical instructor for many years and this gave me some new ideas.

Setting the tone from the beginning is important.   Introduce yourself and allow students to do the same.   Set the expectation for the course so students  know what to expect. 

I do understand and agree that “I want to know what my students have learned during my class and now what did they learned the night before as they were preparing for my class.”

I learned it is important to learn each student's name and to use those ideas given if it is too difficult. Taking the time to learn their names shows them you care and are invested in them.

I like the idea of pictures to remember students.  I usually have students write on an index card on why they are pursuing a degree, and when they are having difficulties we go over their reasons to continue. 

Giving the students time to work together,especially for a new cohort will be very beneficial for the students. Having the studnets introduce themselves will give me the opportunity to learn more about who they are.

When introducing yourself to the class and the students sharing theirs, it gives everyone a chance to relate or know similarities. It may not be a bad idea to give a brief pretest that is not graded but can give everyone a baseline of their knowledge on what is to be learned. At the end of the class once the students are dismissed, take a moment to reflect on how it went. It probably went better than you think it did.

Learning your students names and something about them will create a connection between student and teacher.

ice breaker activities. introducing myself and having the students introduce themselves

Be sure to share a little bit about yourself so that you are more relatable to the class and they have confidence in your field experienc/knowledge.

Setting the student at ease the first day will be benefical for the up comming classes. Students will look forward it comming to class.

Its important that we learn each students. And do a brief introduction with everyone in class myself included.

Welcome your students, introduce your self, your passion, go around the room and have the students introduce themselves name and what they to get from this expeirance.

This course is to help guide them through their first day of school and the expectations. Getting to know them and they getting to know you. Answering any questions they may have and establishing a comfortable learning environment for the students.

Learn their names-very important that people put a name to you 

create a one on one relationship with each student

What options would be applicable to an exclusively online course?

Sign In to comment