Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Planning and Prep is extremely important, and the success of your class that day will be determined by your prep, ability to create and set the tone to your learning environment as students walk in, and how you warm the room either through interaction and/or gauging their level of expectancy for the day. 

Review course objectives, familiarize yourself with content, outline and map out your course - it's beneficial to the students and you as the instructor 

In this section I realized that showing up early can really show your students that you are there for them and care.

How to use these tools to stay better organized.

From this module, I've learned that if I set up the classroom for success with a proper syllabus and objective goal sheet; I can help myself as a successful instructor and keep myself on track

I have learned to make sure I am prepared for the days lesson. To be on time and accountable. 

Have lesson plans planned out and laid out for myself. Keep a checklist of core needs to be taught and a layout to follow the instruction and lecture. 

I loved being early and set up...

Keeping a note pad to reference. 

Being prepared is a must   - whether a novice or a seasoned instructor. 

Planning and preperation is important.

By preparing a detailed syllabus, it gives the student a map that you can reinforce along the way. It eases their stress and gives them realistic expectations about how the class will be and why it is important. I like the idea of making checklists to ensure a thorough session and carrying a notepad for questions/complaints to follow up on later. 

Even experienced teachers get first day nerves. Keeping a checklist of things you need to accomplish or do beforehand is helpful. 

Being prepared, reviewing my course objectives, having a checklist 

The importance of keeping a checklist so you can cover all you need to cover. The importance of preparing ahead and arriving to class early to meet and greet students. 

I learned that successful teaching stems from preparation and planning. Being organized and timely could prove to be necessary characteristics in the art of teaching.

Be early and prepared, have a checklist, even seasoned instructor gets 1st day nerves.

Early preparation is key so that you can start to get kinks out before the class begins.

Do a good review of syllabus and have checklist / notebook available.

It is important to come to class early and prepared. Being prepared for the class helps it to run smoother. 

It is important to have checklist, notepad and well-prepared for the first day of class.

Sign In to comment