Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

Career Marketing Concepts | Origin: CS107

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Advising Students on Using Digital Career-Marketing Strategies --> Career Marketing Concepts

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Understanding the Web | Origin: CS107

Advising Students on Using Digital Career-Marketing Strategies --> Understanding the Web

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Developing the Relationship | Origin: CS106

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Developing the Relationship

Matching Candidates | Origin: CS106

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Matching Candidates 

Contacting Employers | Origin: CS106

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Contacting Employers

Preparing for Job Developing | Origin: CS106

Becoming an Effective Job Developer --> Preparing for Job Developing

Entering the Workforce | Origin: CS102

Empowering Students to Find and Secure the Right Job --> Entering the Workforce

Successful Interviews | Origin: CS102

Empowering Students to Find and Secure the Right Job --> Successful Interviews

Powerful Resumes and Cover Letters | Origin: CS102

Empowering Students to Find and Secure the Right Job --> Powerful Resumes and Cover Letters

Targeted Job Search | Origin: CS102

Empowering Students to Find and Secure the Right Job --> Targeted Job Search

Measuring Your Career Success | Origin: CS101

Setting Up an Effective Career Services Department --> Measuring Your Career Success

Projects for Your Students | Origin: CS101

Setting Up an Effective Career Services Department --> Projects for Your Students 

Your Career Services | Origin: CS101

Setting Up an Effective Career Services Department --> Your Career Services

Overview of Your Career Services Department | Origin: CS101

Setting Up an Effective Career Services Department --> Overview of Your Career Services Department

How Often Should Alumni Groups Meet?

Based on the number of alumni we have, and the activity of the chapter, I think, will determine the frequency of meetings.  Keeping in mind if an AAM is once a month, there will be only 12 opportunities to meet which might be enough depending on activity.

James

criminal background discussion with employers

In one of the sample quesations the correct answer is to call the employer and discuss John's background with the employer. I didn't think this was legal to do. I thought you can't discuss criminal background information with anyone other than the individual. Isn't this FERPA law and Fiar credit reporting Act? Can someone help clarify?

Online schools

What sources did you find best for displaying job posts for specific industry related jobs? Did you use a student portal or did you use your school website for graduates to access? Suggestions? New to this

RE: Graduate Outcomes - What Has Worked for Your Institution?

Greetings, 

I'm currently taking the CS201 course and it's been extremely insightul.  Anyone else currently taking or have already completed the course yet? I work at a career college, as a Career Services Officer, so I'm always seeking ways to further educate myself in the industry and to network with other career services/development professionals in higher education.  Your virtual support is greatly appreciated. 

"Graduate outcomes are not a measurement of any one department’s success, but rather a metric of institutional success." - (CS201 - Institutional Best Practices to Maximize Graduate Employment Outcomes, MaxKnowledge Career Services course).  For any career development… >>>

Professional Certifications in Higher Education

Greetings colleagues. Does anyone have professional certifications in higher education OTHER than CHEP? Are there any specific certifications in Student Affairs? I would like to grow in my career and I believe that a professional certification would be beneficial; along with my educational and professional background. Your insight would be helpful. Thanks.

AMD

ACCSC Accreditation

Greetings!

I work at a university who is eventually moving to ACCSC.  Has anyone had this accreditor before, and if so, how has your experience been with them?  Do they have strict career services employment outcomes?

Regards,

Mrs. Parks

Related Learning Opportunities