Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Supporting Marketing Materials | Origin: CS112

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Advising Students on Developing Modern Job Search Documents --> Supporting Marketing Materials

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This session highlighted the different forms of post-interview correspondence that could make the difference with our students  job search success.  I enjoyed this session.

I think our students should utilize the post-interview correspondence for all the people who are even tangentially related to their job search. This will help them build a better network of professionals. 

I really like the idea of looking at the interview and subsequent communications with employers as advertising (advertisements).  Great mindset.

I learned doing a follow up with employers is very important.

Completing the process! Leaving a lasting impression, continuing to brand yourself, and sometimes meeting expectations of the employer.

The practice of writing a “post-interview letter” makes a great deal of sense to teach students in an effort to demonstrate courtesy after the interview and stand out among other candidates.  

I learned how important it is to send a post interview letter to reiterate why your a good candidate for the position applied for, and how it can make you stand out from others they may not have sent one. 

If we are to look at interviews as opportunities to sell ourselves, we need to make sure we continue the process with post interview correspondence. 

It was exciting to know different strategies students can use to follow-up with their references i.e updating references by sharing positive feedback on how they might have contributed to one's success, a great way of showing appreciation.

The post interview communication is so important as it shows interest in the company, as well as thoughtfulness and responsibility. The idea of building a portfolio feels to me like the replacement of the paper resume.

The post interview responses can help attract more attention to a job seekers resume and interview.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities