Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Ask a question from your peers to help you in your professional work. Seek different points of view on a topic that interests you. Start a thought-provoking conversation about a hot, current topic. Encourage your peers to join you in the discussion, and feel free to facilitate the discussion. As a community of educators, all members of the Career Ed Lounge are empowered to act as a discussion facilitator to help us all learn from each other.

DEI

What is your thoughts of DEI in the workplace?

Common Strengths Approach Challenges | Origin: CS127

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Strengths-Based Coaching for Career Support Professionals --> Common Strengths Approach Challenges

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Strengths-Based Coaching Techniques | Origin: CS127

Strengths-Based Coaching for Career Support Professionals --> Strengths-Based Coaching Techniques

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Strengths Assessment and Analysis | Origin: CS127

Strengths-Based Coaching for Career Support Professionals --> Strengths Assessment and Analysis

Understanding Strengths-Based Coaching | Origin: CS127

Strengths-Based Coaching for Career Support Professionals --> Understanding Strengths-Based Coaching

CS101

I've learned that Career Services Department is just as instrumental in student success as Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Services and Education. That having a successful and fully inclusive Career Services Department is key to high retention graduate and employments rates. 

Action and Motivation | Origin: CS124

Resilience Building Strategies for Career Support Professionals --> Action and Motivation

Thoughts | Origin: CS124

Resilience Building Strategies for Career Support Professionals --> Thoughts

Directed Attention | Origin: CS124

Resilience Building Strategies for Career Support Professionals --> Directed Attention

Understanding Resilience | Origin: CS124

Resilience Building Strategies for Career Support Professionals --> Understanding Resilience

Advanced Influencing Skills | Origin: CS123

Essential Helping Skills for Career Professionals --> Advanced Influencing Skills

Basic Influencing Skills | Origin: CS123

Essential Helping Skills for Career Professionals --> Basic Influencing Skills

Basic Listening Skills | Origin: CS123

Essential Helping Skills for Career Professionals --> Basic Listening Skills

Introduction to Helping | Origin: CS123

Essential Helping Skills for Career Professionals --> Introduction to Helping

Teaching Learners How To Develop Their Personal Brand | CS118

From this module, I have learned many ways to describe and teach personal branding to students.  I have always practiced personal branding for myself in my previous business, however, I never knew the formal name or techniques.  I intend to apply these tips and techniques in workshops for college students.

In the segment on Positioning and Communicating Personal Brand, I learned that the first step is to identify your target audience.  Then, you must be able to convey your value to your audience.  You can start out with your personal brand statement and then segue that into an elevator pitch by provide additional details about your "why" and the benefits your target audience can receive.  This all provides YOUR unique story.

CS: 104

I learned that it is most effective to use social media to help build relationships between students and employers.

In this module, I leaned how to conduct a self-analysis and a gap analysis of my personal brand.  The gap analysis is important to understand the differences in how I perceive my personal brand versus how others view my personal brand.  Knowing the gap will guide me in adjusting my personal brand to be more congruent.

I appreciated learning the differences between personal brand and similar (yet different) items such as reputation, image, and online identity.

Uso de los estudiates y tutores del Departamento de Carreras Profesionales

Me gustaría conocer su visión respecto del uso que le dan los estudoantes y turores al departamento de carreras profesionales, y si se le saca el provecho que se debe.

Les leo, gracias¡

Related Learning Opportunities