Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have learned the importance of making the right tools match for your course

Selecting the proper technology for the on-line class and for the course content is essential.  Researching the technology available and reaching out to peers for their input is also helpful.  Additionally, it is also critical that the instructor knows how to use the technology.

It's important and profitable for the student and teacher to take time to research which assessment tool is most appropriate for each learning objective. It's best to use multiple tools and important to provide, and ask for, feedback. 

There are a wide variety of tools available to use in the online environment.

The value of the appropiate tools is important

I learned that there are many forms of assessment, and the best ones do not just have students memorize facts. There are advantages and disadvantages to the assessments. I had never thought of a portfolio as a form of assessment.

Mary

I have learned that portolios are a form of assessment. I teach Microbiology and think it might be an interesting project because many of my students are in healthcare.

Mary Patterson

Use of a variety of assessment tools which provide correct feedback of student learning is essential.

Hello Everyone,

I guess my main question with "WebQuests" is: Is this a require software that we have to use for students assessments and/or discussion forums when we create/development a new course or will the "Lead Faculty" that is in charge of certain subject contents will use?

I am currently an adjunct in the math dept for EduKan and I have not had the opportunity to develop any of the school's online courses, so, while it is awesome to learn what are some of the newest and available software that are available out there in the online learning environment, I think adjuncts will not have any opportunity to develop any online courses in the near future.

David

After reading and listening to the module, i've learned that online is a great tool.  But you have to know and research your source

It is important the the tools are user friendly and ask for student feedback.

To take my time to pick an appropriate tool rather than trying to make due with whatever is at my disposal. 

Good reminder to use a variety of tools, even when I feel lazy.

This unit reinforced the idea that instructors must take several points into consideration before selecting a tool.  Student feedback is important, but so is the usefulness of the tool overall.

I have learned that the tools used to assess the students needs to be reviewed to make sure it helps to reach the goals intended.  Student feedback is important to assess the effectiveness of the tools utilized by the instructors.

Feedback from students are as important as the breadth of knowledge of the iinstructor

The plethora of possible technology tools for assessment intrigues me. I would like to move into different assessment techniques instead of just relying on examinations and end of unit assignments. WebQuests and simulation labs are two areas I would like to investigate further.

Technology tools used for assessment are only as good as the foundation upon whuch they are built.  They must be flexible and explained to students.  They must be able to be revised as needed.  They must be used for the right job.  

In this module I have review assessment objectives and different strategies end assessment tools for these evaluations. 

I learned the differents tools of assessment that you can use in the class.  Use the differents types of evaluation to measures the learning.

Sign In to comment