Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In this module, I have learned that obtaining feedback from students about the assessment process provides information on whether or not the technology assessment tools helped the instructor provide meaningful feedback and whether or not the technology caused difficulty in the assessment process. Feedback from the students' point of view provides valuable information to analyze before teaching the course again so that any changes to the assessment methods can be made.

I have taken many online courses and participated in some, during the past 2 years. I really loved how this course is focusing on the importance of choosing the right tools rather than using them becasue they are just there! Also, it is important to keep in mind that as students differ in their learning styles, we need to choose different tools to make sure we are assessing the students correctly and appropriately. 

Choosing and assessing the assessment tools will help you and your students to reach their goals.

understand  the proper tool and impliment 

Feedback from students, peer instructors and personal observation of what works and what doesn't all contribute to worthwhile revision of assessment criteria when necessary.

This module taught me about the importance of electronic tools to help teach and assess students in their program.

The information abut performance assessment functions were very helpful and can be utilized in my teaching. 

I have learned that there are several ways to assess students knowledge and skills. I also learned that it is important to not use the same method every time to ensure those that struggle with that one particular assessment has a chance to be assessed at their learning style. I also learned that it is important to gather feedback from instructors and students regarding testing methods so that improvement can be made for the next course.

Robin Johnson

Make sure the right tools are used to be effective. Data gathered from students is the best way to ensure the quality of assessment.

As in other courses in this series, it assumes the instructor has autonomy to choose tools for a class and experiement with the effectiveness.  I don't know about everyone else on this board, but that isn't an optioni at my university.  I will look into WebQuests and make suggestions to improve courses though.

I learned to continue to research ways of using the technology. Whether that be learning, communicating and educating. You can always use different technology tools to reach the students. I will also plan on evaluating the students on how their learning from the systems we use. Everyone is different. Technology is always growing like everything else. I want my students to learn their best way, not mine. What I mean by that is some students strive just by reading on their own time and doing assignments while others need more interaction. I want to continue to reach everyone, so I will continue to research the best tools that can achieve this 

I learned about the tracking process within Word, useful for providing student's with needed feedback. i also learned about the critical importance of evaluating different tools to measure student learning and retention. 

Aprendió a identificar que la evaluación parte desde una buena planificación, así como, que antes de utilizar una herramienta tecnológica para evaluación debo primero i investigar la eficacia y características de esta, así como qué es lo que deseo lograr en mis estudiantes, considerando que cada uno de ellos tiene un estilo de aprendizaje diferente. Además, se necesita que al culminar un curso aplique una encuesta para saber cómo les fue a los docentes ya los alumnos, así podrá tomar buenas decisiones al iniciar nuevamente el curso y saber si vuelvo a utilizar esa herramienta o la reemplazo por otra. 

Por otro lado, hay diferentes tipos de herramientas de evaluación de tecnología y cada una de ellas tiene sus ventajas y desventajas, entre ellas las que son más significativas son la de desempeño a través de portafolios y las de proyectos, aunque tomen más tiempo de dedicación del docente, son muy efectivos para desarrollar la creatividad, la innovación y el pensamiento crítico, lo cual es necesario lograr en los estudiantes.

Pienso aplicarlo con mis alumnos a través de los portafolios, ya que ellos trabajan conmigo proyectos, y esta estrategia me va a permitir ver el paso a paso, el día a día como avanzan y retroalimentarlos de manera efectiva.

Saludos

I learned the importance of designing multiple types of assessments in a course that can be adapted for multiple learning styles, and also that it is good to get feedback from students on the effectiveness of different types of tools.

One of the most important first steps it seems when choosing technology tools for student assessment and learning you have to first and foremost think about what is going to be the appropriate medium or technology tools to utilize. As a school teacher and adjunct professor I know the importance of backwards design and knowing how students will be assessed proir to teaching them.

STudent achievement can be assessed with many tools.  Select the one that best provides student and intructor with desired feedback.  

In this module I've learned that there are more and more technological tools available for students.  Although it is good that there are more options available, they may not all be a good fit for the class.  As instructors we must evaluate the tool before using, to see if it specifically fits the needs of our students, and the needs of the course.

We use a mixture of online learning and hands on type labs. This provides us with various forms of asseenment. Adding to a better learning envoroment. 

This module help me see the need to assertain knowledge on the tools and function of those tool in student learning. 

You should make sure as an instructor that you understand the technology tools and material you use both in class and online will be most effective to your students learning experience and success.

Sign In to comment