Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Knowing what technology is availabe and how to best utilize it

Understanding the advantages and disadvanteges of using the technology

Getting feedback to modify process for better outcomes

Assessments using technology can expand beyond what is "hands-on" because it can provide the student with experiences in simulations that will help them with their learning - especially in healthcare. 

I am familiar with all of the assessment tools that were mentioned in this section.  After having to teach totally on line last quater, I agree whole heartedly about the challenges that were posted for each format.  I am hopeful that I will be able to utilize different formats that will ease the learning experience for both my students and myself.  I utilized feedback questions/responses related to the learning process last quater.  It was a huge leaning curve for both me and my students.  I thought that they would be a lot more "tech friendly" than me.  We were all challenged.  I am thankful that I know my content well.  Now it comes down to the delivery and sellecting the right "tool".  

I have done some research on performance based assesments but finding a demo to test the virtual lab has been tough. I will be doing some research into WebQuest for project based assesments. 

Tehnology tools used for assessments may include online quizzes, virtual labs, digital portfolios, and web quests,  and track changes on essays ans assignments, among others. Technology tools can simplify assessments and enable question pools for randomized questions and unique tests each time, as well as being capable of deployment at any place and time and being automatically graded The downfalls include  the quality of the technology affecting the assessment, the time-consuming nature of developing test banks and the need to word questions very carefully. Evaluating technologies for use in assessments should include whether students received effective feedback and found the technology easy to use as well as whether the instructor found it easy to use. 

The key take away was truely looking at the course outcomes and objectives and determing the technology tool needed in order to identify/provide that information to the student.

you have to choose the right tolls that will work for the class that is being taught.

I wasn't aware of the whole spectrum of the learning technology tools. This module did help me knowing them all as well as the pros & cons of each!

I didn't know about track changer, and I really need to look into being able to get students to engage in other type sof assessessments besides quick check quizzes. Students' weren't engaged in the spring, so I am curious to see how the rest of this module goes.

Selecting the right assessment tool is important when providing feedback. Assessment tools should be select based on learning objectivies.

There are various assessment tools that you can use but it is important to identify which has the best function for what you are trying to assess. It is also important to assess frequently.

The usefulness of tracking changes to assignments to assess student progress.

Online tools can help students learn, but the instructor needs to understand the online assessment tools in order for them to be successful. Feedback is needed to alter the content to make the learning experience better for the next time. Some students will do better with online quizzes, other will be more successful in virtual labs. Having a variety of assignments will help multiple kinds of students.

to assess the best tools for my students I need to investigate not only each tool as a classroom tool but also how students may use it in a virtual setting

I learned about alternative forms of technology assessment tools including WebQuests.  I plan to research this method as an alternative for some course content.

Online assessments must be varied in order to evaluate different learning styles. One type of assessment may not work for the entire group. By varying tests we can ensure that learning has occurred.

This is an effective technology methods to be successfull in a course and to get the most effective feedbacks using technology tools.

Dr. Anton Hawatmeh

The instructor should assess the effectiveness of each technology assessment tool. 

In this current environment a variety of assesment tools will be needed to guage lerning.

In determining the assessment tools, look at the objectives. Instant feedback is also very important.

Sign In to comment