Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Chosing the right technolgy tool and understanding its use for a good outcome in the course.

Although technology tools are very helpful. Not all are right for the option you may be using it for. Try tO us a tool that has the student learning from the environment in the classroom. You may not be able to use all tools some will make the assignment harder.

I learned that "It is important that the technology assessment tool enhance, not hinder, the assessment process." And that "Data gathered from students is the best way to ensure the quality of assessment."

learned that the importance of researching the assesment helps to match the goal of  the learning

Choosing the most relevant and appropriate learning method is critical for student success. The variables that enter into this decision include the learning format, the type of knowledge being conveyed, and the desired module outcome. 

Students need to get as much knowledge as they can find it only makes hands on easier. Getting as much knowledge as possible is important. Somewhere along the line they need hands on. Most of these students in the Trades are there because they weren’t the best at sitting down and doing book work that has to be kept in mind

It is important to thoroughly test all assessment tools from the student and instructor perspective. Some tools may not be appropriate for all courses and it may not be necessary to use all tools within the tools, but testing them out may reveal other functions that may be useful. Regardless, instructors should be well versed in any tool that is used so that they can help with any problems that arise and be able to instruct students in the full and proper use.

I learned about the importance of asking stuents for feedback on assessing tools.

It is very important to obtain student feedback to access the effectiveness of technology tools.

The on line tool help to choose what tools are best used to provide the best education for the student, this with feed back from the student will only help produce the best program possiable.

Having the right tools is very impotant, being able to choose the right one is crucial, making sure that the tools used are effective in helping the student comprehend the material, with great feedback on how to improve makes a difference.

I learned that is totally imperative to investigate the technology tools you would like to use in your course to see if they are a good fit for the learning outcomes of your students.

I learned that there needs to be an assesment of technology tools in order to determine which will be best for the course content

I learned about the importance of fully understanding a tool, its function, and its use before utilizing it in an online learning platform. I also learned about many of the different ways e-learners can be evaluated and engage in check for understanding such as Webquests, quizzes, animiations, etc.

It is important to collaborate in using the right tools.

I really like to use technology to assess learners knowledge, it breaks down all variables and helps you to identify trends.

This module supports the need for assessment tools needed whether online or face to face. I assume they should be different tools since the delivery method is different and involves technology. The goal is the same though, to assess student learning. Thus as the module states, it is best to ask students and gather data for analyzing and possibly making needed changes. We always seek to provide the best learning experience and process. 

To be objective the teacher needs to use several different assessments to get a true understandig of what the student has learned.  I believe the students love to use problem-based assessments because it is more of an hands on assessement. There are several different kinks of LMS one can pick fromif the school board is willing to use it.

I have learned to investigate each tool so that I choose the proper tool of assessment for what I will have my students do in an online course. It is also important to try various tools but not necessary to use all tools within a given tool. Getting student feedback at the end of the course can be helpful in whether a tool should be used again or not. 

Technology is only as good as it can be when the type of selected activities in the course map back to the learning objectives and outcomes. It all must fit together with the overall process of assessment and evaluation in education

Sign In to comment