Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many different assessment tools. The instructor needs to do some research to find one that works for them. Also, it is important to get feedback from the students.

The most difficult thing that I have found is that I am a person who likes to work in hand with students. It is hard for me to do that online. See, when a student used to have trouble with a program or web page or something similar, I could walk over, point to a line or two and say that the error is there or in that general area. Now, I can't. Especially if I use Canvas to communicate. So with my tools, I have to have them post a screenshot or share their screen for me to do this. It can be difficult for some especiallt those on tablets and not laptops that can easily have multiple screens open at once. I think in this environment that the tablet should be discontinued.

I have learned that it takes time to find a program that works for you and what you are trying to accomplish. You have to really put time into finding programs that offer real life experience, such as hands on exerience that students need. 

Technology assessment toolare an effective way of getting students envolved with the course. It also helps instructor make changes to the course.

I learned that we need to research, ask questions, and evaluate if the school made the right choice on the software they want us to use.

Best tools for desired outcomes.  Familiarize with and become fluent with technology

Picking the correct assessment tool for the assignment

I learned how important is to know and understand how an evaluation technique works before assigning an assessment to our students and to gather feedback about it.

It's important to listen to students about what they felt worked. 

IT is essential to choose the right kind of tool and to know all its features to make instructor can use good use of it and students can easily access and perform their task in simple way and provide their feek back in a timely manner also reporting must be easy and automated.

I did not know about the resources that allow the instructor to give verbal feedback and send back to students. I think this will help with the distance education and communication

It is important to carefully research, test and determine which assessment tools are the best fit for the class and its content to provide a positive learning experience for the student and to ensure fair assessment of all assignments.

This was intersting to me: The advantage of portfolio-based assessment is that it provides for creativity and the display of growth in learning.

I have learned about the various types of assessments in the classroom along with their advantages and disadvantages.  I tend to use the knowledge based and performance based most often and will look into the portfolio.

You must select the best tools from what is available and make sure that it will enhance the students learning and not hinder thier learning.

Very informative course, having the right tool makes a bid different in how the material is delivered to the student. Students feedback do paly an important role in the success.

Technology tools can enhance student learning and provide the instructor with a way to provide timely feedback. Technologies designed for assessment in an online environment are many.  A variety of technology assessment tools should be used to assess student learning. This provides for a variety of student learning styles.

in my work, utilizing a digital portfolios function as a technology assessment tool to provide ian opportunity to see the strides a student has made in the understanding of content woudl work really well. I could require students to provide documentation of projects from early in the course and projects completed later in the course. 

The assessment tool you choose must be researched completely so that it will enhance the learning not hinder it. It is important to have feedback from students so that you can make any changes necessary next time you utilize the tool. Students have different learning styles therefore the assessment tools you choose should match students learning style.

I frequently ask students for their feedback in the courses I teach. I just had a situation today where it seems a student missed a set of instructions and didn't submit an assignment as they were supposed to.  I am allowing them time to re-do the assignment for partial credit and am asking them why they missed the initial instructions to see if I need to re-word some instructions.  it sometimes amazes me how different students interpret a set of instructions... 

Sign In to comment