Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned the importance of selecting the appropriate technology tool for assessment is not only imperative for the student's learning experience, but also mine as an instructor. Great review. 

The feedback received from students is an essential element of evaluating the effectiveness of an online assessment. 

Developing a grading Rubric is essential to grade and evaluate our students.

You need to use a variety of tools. They should be reviewed to determine which assessment fits the learning you are looking to assess.

Assessment continues to be a necessary point of investigation and debate, and it is often difficult to locate where the view of assessments is in the pendulum swing of academic opinion at a given time. It seems that utilizing multiple tools is a swing back to a balanced approach. With new tools and new learning models, the days of fixed objective exams given year after year certainly seems to be over.

I learned the different ways to evaluate student learning. This module discussed what each method was and the advantages and disadvantages of each method. I will use rubrics with project-based assessments. 

ing the types of assessment tools; how they best fit the curriculum and effectively engage and assess the students' progress is a critical function of the online learning process.  

I learned that picking a good tool and student's review of that tool could help.

Choosing technology assessment tools requires an understanding of the function of the tool before creating an assessment, as stated in previous courses.

Feedback is very important to teachers in assessing their online courses. There are several different types of assessments. As a teacher, you must choose an assessment tool that will work best for your students and your class. Not all tools will be used.

Power tools are great to have in your toolbox.  it can give feedback and help with assessmetns

I have learned how to use technology for evaluation and how to assess the effectivness of technolgy tools. 

I learned about the different types of assessments instructors can offer in their online courses. I learned about the advantages and disadvantages of each type. The content I especially enjoyed learning about was the type of assessments I primarily use, (performance) their advantages, and disadvantages. I had not previously considered the disadvantages of performance-based assessments. 

With the continuous evolution and development of new technology, instructors have a wide selection of assessment tools. All tools can be beneficial, however, it is the instructor's responsibility to select the best one for their course. It is also critical that they ask students for feedback on new tools being utilized.

1. Always choose the best tool for the job.

2. Always test out the tool with as many use cases as possible.

3. Only choose the functions you need and do not add bells and whistles just because you can.

I learned that there are many variables that need to be addressed when creating online lessons including the learner and the types of assessments being used.

Identifying technology tools to assist in the assessment of student learning is essential in the online environment.

There are different technology tools that instructors can use to assess that students have learned something from the class. The effective use of these tools can be done in a LMS that the school uses. It is important to get the feedback from students about the different technology tools that were used during the course of the semester, so that whatever tools worked can be used for the next semester, and whatever did not work can be replaced by another technology tool.

I learned that understanding the assessment tool is just as important as using the assessment tool.  One must know how it works and if it is the best assessment tool for your course/class.  Also knowing your audience/students better so you can utilize the best assessment tool possible.

It is important for online instructors to select and use assessment tools effectively.

Sign In to comment