Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To assess whether the technology tools and assessment processes are working from both the instructor and student perspectives.

It's vital to choose a tool that is a good match to students' needs, learning style and education level.

It is important to understand the different tools available to students and the use of many assessment tools to identify learning outcomes.

To always reassess the technology used to determine knowledge based information, not all students learn the same and all technology does not work for everyone. 

Assessment tools will allow for critical effectiveness with regards to the instructor's ability to view student growth.

As a first time instructor, I am very open to the various types of technology and look forward to seeing how they do or do not work well, and get student's point of views. I'm hoping to implement multiple types of technology tools in order to help all styles of learning.

Understanding the various types of technology assessment tools are important.  I learned about the categories they fall into:

Knowledge-based AssessmentSuch as Online Quizzes and Tests
Performance-based AssessmentSuch as Virtual Labs and Simulations
Portfolio-based AssessmentSuch as Digital Portfolios
Project-based AssessmentSuch as WebQuests

All of the Technology Assessment Tool are very uselful and effective to assist your student knowledge.

Just as we ask students to constantly assess the effectiveness of their learning styles and methods, we must evaluate the effectiveness of our teaching tools for students.

Choosing the right tool and the essence of feedback

I've learned that it is important to solicit feedback from students as to how effective various online tools are in aiding learning. 

I learned new ways of delivering and evaluating students such as WebQuests and portfolios.

Select the technology tool that will provide the student with assessments in a timely fashion and give the instructor the information needed to modify course content.

When planning a course, the Instructor must select the tools and strategies to use to evaluate. For this she must understand that all students learn differently, therefore she must be careful when standardizing these evaluation tools, she must also consider the learning objectives so that she can select the most appropriate tool to achieve the proposed objective

Sign In to comment