Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Scaffolding provides structure for student learning and focus for student activities. Students build upon their prior knowledge, experiences, and skills with new knowledge presented in an online course to develop more complex and robust learning scaffolds.

Two valuable pieces of information I learned were the effetiveness of encouraging student to student communication and the importance of instructor participaition in discussion forums. Student to student communication can assist with their questions and working together as a support system. 

You need to consider exactly how a discussion board supports learning and student involvement.

I learned the importance of developing a well planned syllabus to ensure the success and expectations of the course 

Having online discussions is just as important instructor involvement.  Scaffolding allows for the continual development of knowledge by building on prior knowledge and expanding information. 

In designing... make sure content builds upon each other... 

I learned it is important to ensure students are learning through scaffolding and to know when to update it if they are not learning. 

What I've learned in this module is the importance of buiding a good communication tools within the online community.  I also learned the eight scaffolding tasks in order to promote learning such as providing clear instructions, keeping students on task, reducing uncertainty and disappointments...

Some of things I've learned are the importance of communication in all forms including student to student, intructor to student and instructor to group (etc). I've also learned how important it is to communicate expectations clearly in the syllabus.

That is a great way too get the students involved more in the scafolding technique keeps them engaged

Scafolding learning technique is important so students build on prior learnings. Online platforms create interactive communication whether S2I, I2S, S2S. 

I had never heard of the idea of allowing students to use an alias---depending on the course content, this may be a very useful tool to allow students to openly share. 

The idea of building a dynamic syllabus really made sense!  This is something I will definitely be implementing!

I had not previously heard the term scaffolding used in this context, but it makes a lot of sense. They need good support or structure to ensure good outcomes. 

The use of websites are beneficial to the learning of the student. Also be sure to create a syllabus that includes expectation for communication. 

I learned that the better directions that we give to students and if we do it step by step the students will have a better chance of success.

The module presents some good pointers on online interaction and engagement.

Scaffolding and a dynamic syllabus are key requirements to successful engagement and learning in an online environment.

I have learned when building a syllabus it needs to include dynamic and scaffolding items. It will encourgae the students to be engaged and continue to learn. 

I apprecciated the sectin that talked about using scaffolding techniques to develo a dynamic syllabus. It creates better engagement with the students. This a concept that onine students would need to get use to. 

Sign In to comment