Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Scaffolding aloows the student to build new knowledge adding to what they already know. This encourages a positive approach to learning as the student will continue to learn and have the syllabus to guide them in the direction that reaches the intended goal for the course.

Good over view of how to reinforce a course framework and learning opportunities. 

I learned the syllabus should be dynamic and to encourage communication.

Effective communication becomes even more important in online education to ensure students stay on track. Things like a dynamic syllabus can help students stay on top of the lesson.

I learned that scaffolding provides structure for student learning and focus for student activities.

I learned about the difference between the necessary compononents of a syllabus in an online course versus a syllabus in a face to face course.  An online course needs a dynamic syllabus that is modified as students provide feedback about the course.  It is important not to have a flat syllabus when teaching an online course so that students can interact with the syllabus and visit it often for information.

When you focus on students' learning in the online environment, you need to utilize the eight tasks of scaffolding. 

I learned that scaffolding has eight important steps we need to follow and that organization is very important as well.

This really makes sense and is so important .Utilizing all learning elements in the online course is vital to developing students' learning scaffolds.  All content including learning objects and communication should introduce, enhance, and/or reinforce the learning objectives.

I think there was a good point at the end that not all students have the same background, and not all students will build knowledge in the same way. The course should help them build scaffolding, but there needs to be enough flexibility for different learners to benefit.

The more detailed we can be in our expectations of the students, the better it will be for them. As the course mentions, if we require discussion participation, outline what is expected for the main post and the student responses, and provide an example if possible. If we expect students to support their ideas, we need to make that a clear expectation. 

In this module I have understood the importance of creating dynamic records and the scaffolding of learning. 

The eight rules of scaffolding make a lot of sense.

I like the idea of building an online community.  I think what was made clear to me is that it must have a purpose and create a sense of belonging to the student. 

A syllabus should guide students through the course in a clear, easy-to-understand way. Furthermore, responses to students must be so much more than "Great work!" or "Really good job!" Feedback should be specific and tailored to each student. 

One of the things I leraned is the imprtance of the communication during the online learning process.

learned about effectice communication being important to student sucess and how to work with students in groups and collab

What I have learned is the importance to a syllabus and If I were teaching I would make sure that I have a syllabus to make sure the instruction was organized and planned.

Be dynamic, add attractive content and encourage response to that content. 

That scafoldoing is building on prior learning and this is a logical sequential process but all students dont do it at the same pace or ability and have not had identical prior learning traits.

Sign In to comment