Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree with how important it is to develop an online course that is dynamic, easy to understand, and effective in teaching course material. 

One concept that I found interesting was how online learning should be dynamic in relation to a student's opinion or comment on the discussion board. I think that it is important to have student engagement so discussions can be diverse and dynamic.

Using online tools can help in the student learning.  It is also important for the instructor to be an active participant in communications with students.

I am walking away with an opportunity to look how I can integrate the 8 scaffolding skills into an accelerated 8 week college course. 

I  am also going to clarify the statement placed on the syllabus: "This dynamic syllabus is updated and expanded with greater detail as each module is made available. Please check the dynamic syllabus often to stay current with all updates." My understanding is that has been that once the syllabus has been created, it cannot change during the current course. It can be revised and changed based on feedback for the next course but not during a current course.

Scaffolding has 8 keys steps in creating a solid foundation for knowledge building!

While our homepages are dynamic within courses, I learned the importance and use of a dynamic syllabus that not only employs technology to make the information more appealing and accessible for online students but also can change as both students and teachers identify areas for improvement within the course.

Scaffolding will allow students to build their knowledge based on experiences.  This can promote their willingness to learn more.

Scaffolding is important for ensuring that students have or receive the knowledge that they need to be successful in the learning objectives. 

Developing a logical and well-structured syllabus is crucial for guiding students through the learning process in a clear and organized manner. A thoughtfully designed syllabus outlines the course objectives, expectations, and a timeline, providing a roadmap for students to follow.

Online Communication with students needs to dynamic and adjust to the leaning needs of the students. Students come from different backgrounds and skillsets and learning needs to be adjusted through clear communication of the Syllabus and through scaffolding learning objectives in meaningful ways. 

Creating a detailed syllabus is key to good communication and the scaffolding steps are beneficial for the students.

A syllabus is a contract to assure the students know what is expected of them.

Faculty can create a good online learning environment by using student-centered and engaging learning strategies through the use of chat rooms, and discussion boards that provide clear instructions and keep students on task.

Scaffolding provides support for student learning in online courses. Students integrate new knowledge with their existing understanding, guided by instructors who employ the following essential tasks. These include offering clear instructions, defining purpose, maintaining focus, providing assessments, directing to reputable sources, and minimizing uncertainty for effective learning outcomes.

Mohd Ali

The website tools available to use were helpful in allowing for different types of learning 

I have learned that students need many resources for online courses, and should feel a part of a learning community.

A clear and concise syllabus is very important. Scaffolding helps students to build on prior knowledge and both are essential in a well-rounded education.

The most important concept for me in this module is scaffolding.  Scaffolding builds upon prior knowledge, experience, and skills. Some students may need extra support to ensure they have concepts prior to moving to the next level of the "scaffold."

Scaffolding is crucial for adult learner success. The syllabus is one of the most essential pieces in an online course as it is a roadmap for students and instructors to follow. It should be detailed enough for students to understand without explanation. I'd like to review the syllabus in my current class and ensure it matches the course (application of knowledge). 

I really liked that idea to periodically obtain student feedback by asking three simple questions: What should we stop doing in this course?/What should we start doing in this course? /What should we continue doing in this course?

Allowing students to use an alias may improve participation in online communities. I'm not sure if that is possible in Canvas?

Sign In to comment