Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In an online course, the syllabus must be dynamic. It cannot be flat like a traditional course syllabus.

I feel my syllabus could be improved. While I think it is structured well and provides an outline of what students will be doing, it is not dynamic and I see how that could be very helpful.

This course has taught the impotance of communication and the different tools such as Rubric and Syllalbus

I learned that it is okay to change up the way content is delivered online as long as there are clear instructions and I remain consistent.

What I learned so far from this module was the importance of a good detailed syllabus describing expectations and have effective communication.

I have learned the difference between a syllibus and a dynamic one. I like the questions: what should we stop doing, start doing, and continue doing in my courses. Good student feedback can strengthen my courses and keep them fresh. I also like that for an online learning community to function best students themselves have to establish a sense of belonging, intentionally enter in, and identify a reason or purpose to belong. This development and support of mutual relationships makes the learning community richer and more meaningful. 

Make sure the syllabus is clear to create a roadmap for the learning. 

I learned that I cannot simply take the syllabus from my classroom and post it on my page. It needs dynamic components. 

Must admit, I have been guilty of posting a "flat" syllabus, only to find out that yes, you have to modify making it more detailed and interactive. I also realized in the classroom years ago, don't be afraid to get what you give. In other words, we as teachers give students feedback on a daily basis. Hopefully constructive. Can't be afraid to ask students for their feedback on the course. Receive their feedback and make adjustments to better the learning environment. 

Instructional delivery must have different components to create a centered student approach. I need to follow the guidelines of these components and apply them appropriately to achieve my goals,

I learned that the basic aspects I must be focus on are:

• Creating a syllabus that must be dynamic.
  • The online community should be created to allow students to participate using the information and technology tools. Stablish a sense of belonging and identify a purpose for belonging to the community is a must.
  • Implement all methods possible and follow the guidelines to have an effective communication.
  • Building the learning scaffolding will provide students structure to learn and focus on student centered activities.

It is important to create a dynamic syllabus that students can access to not only identify course expectations, assignments, due dates, etc. but also find answers to their course questions.

Instructors need to carefully scaffold instruction as it provides the structure for student learning. As instructors develop the course, they need to focus on their role as a tour guide creating a map that will support the students' success in the online course.

Like in face to face courses, scaffolding is extremely important. Additionally, it's important to create a dynamic syllabus that learners can interact with, and to update it as you move through the course.

One big takeaway was in how students must benefit from your LMS by "learning with the technology rather than learning from the technology"

One big takeaway from this is in how students must benefit from your LMS by "learning with the technology rather than learning from the technology"

Creating a dynamic syllabus and utilizing online tools to create an e-community will contribute to student and teacher success.

I have learned that scaffolding is inportant because it provides structure for student leatrning and focus for student activities. 

Developing a logical, comprehensive syllabus is of vital importance to students successfully managing online learning.  I really appreciate the point that student should be learning using the technology not learning how to use the technology.  Clarity of a syllabus is key.

I learned that it is important to build a dynamic syllabus. One that is live and can be updated as needed during the course. Having a dynamic syllabus helps students find the information needed to be successful in the course. 

Learning to chunk information into a wiki is a new term for me, and to understand how this is applied.

Sign In to comment