Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I liked the idea of having a dynamic syllabus. Too many times, i feel like i stick to the syllabus and i sometimes forget tthat sometimes student suggestions could change how i teach things.  The idea of adding student voice is very important. 

Creating a Dynamic Syllabus will assist with the students understanding the guidelines and expectations of the course.  Also with developing discussions, communicating what is expected to be proper entries and replies so that they understand the grading.

I never considered a dynamic syllabus to links to specific items in the online course.  We have a set syllabus created by our student information system, but an additional document could be create (and I've done this before) a course outline with those specific integrated links.

The dynamic syllabus is a key to helping the student learn. Scaffolding of knowledge is dependent on prior knowledge and the experiences of the student. The instructor needs to identify the knowledge base of each student in order to support their learning. 

it is necessary that scaffolding occurs in both lesson planning and student learning.

Developing a dynamic syllabus for students is essential for the success of online learning. Scaffolding is also key to encouraging student success as they build on their prior knowledge.

Effective communication - instuctor, student, group is important. The insturctor must provide opportunity for the student to develop effective communication The instructor must communicate effectively. Learning isn't linear. Learning is achieved ia scaffolding, building upon prior skills.

I learned about scaffolding  by building on what the students know and what they learned in the last module and then adding the new stuff in.  Then repeat the process and continue to scaffold the learning.  It will provide the structue the students need to be successful. 

This module taught that in an online envorionment you build a dynamic syllabus and not a static one like in a  Face To Face class.  In addition to building a dynamic syllabus, online instructors need to use the LMS to create an online community and promote effective communication.  Finally, the course must be designed in a scaffolding mannerer where prior knowledge builds into next lesson.

Syllabus that is transparent is agood tool for studnet expectations. Scaffolding and chunks work well with complicated topics.

Instructors must find and use strategies to ensure students arelearning and applying what they have learned in targeted activities. Encouraging effective communication, utilizating the tools available will be helpful.

The lesson was important in learning different online tools in order to  develop communication and online knowledge sharing to develop online learning communities. Also Scaffolding is important for ensuring that students have or are given the knowledge that they need to be successful in the learning objectives. 

The concept of scaffolding is important because students need ot builld upon prior knowledge and skills and they take their cues of task from the instructor therefore, it is important to have clear expectations.

I have learned that you need to make your online syllabus interactive and updatable. Communication is the key to making your course run smoothly. Establish communication guidelines from the outset so that you don't have students constantly e-mailing you questions when they could be getting the answers online, from other students, or from another resource.

I learned in this module about the use of scaffolding to provide structure for student learning and focus on student activities. It is necessary to use the eight tasks in scaffolding. I plan to apply the eight tasks in scaffolding such as provide clear instructions; clarify purpose; keep students on task; offer an assessment to clarify purpose; reduce uncertainty and disappointment; be efficient; and clear momentum.

Scaffolding is important to make sure the students are getting what they need to succeed. 

Apply a variety of different techniques, tools, and approaches can help engage and reach as many srtudents as possible. 

I learnt the importance of having a syllabus that is dynamic. building a positive on-line community, channels of communication, communication tools, effective communication and scaffolding.

I will use the eight tasks for good scaffolding to be a better on-line instructor.

I thought the idea of scaffolding made a lot of sense. Leaning on prior learning or prior knowledge is very important.

I really liked this module because it was right where i was having issues. Trying to get students to communicate is a real puzzle. This Module provides may useful tootls in helping me help my students feel a part of the course.

Sign In to comment