Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency is key. For the students and the instructor. 

I already realize that I need to be more consistent with the delivery of my course material.  I need to think about (chunking) my videos to a shorter length and how the content is reviewed afterwards.

Consistency is crucial to developing a course for online learning.  Consitancy in Modules, formats, templates and assignments layouts can be a great tool to remote learners.

The more the student understands and is comfortable with the processes and modules, the more time can be spent completing class requirements.

My biggest takeaway is maintaining consistency as a means to reduce confusion and frustratiion.

Consistancy is key! Having existing templets will help keep the courses on the same line.

The most important thing I learned was about consistency. Given that I was not an Online teacher until COVID, it was all very confusing. We went from daily interactions with students with daily check points to students having to participate in online discussions and they weren't. I think I need to have a better "set up" so they will understand how to participate online and what exactly the course expectations will be. This will be difficult as we don't know if we are going back to school or not, but I think after this module I have a better  idea of what this may look like.

Use consistent language when giving instructions for similar assignments, that way students don't have to analyze the information again in a new way.

Also, avoid too much bold and italic, as too much emphasis equals no emphasis at all.

The importance of consistency in style and language is that it helps students -- they need visual cues and expected formulas so they can understand how to navigate the course and not have too many surprises. The most enterprising students will ask if there is confusion, but some will just drop off.

Students know what to expect when courses or learning modules are consistent. I use this method during in person class and the students are able to manage the homework with their schedule. 

The concept of learning objects in interesting. Much like object-oriented programming, discreet modules can be created and then recombined to enhance related courses. For instance, I use a values excercise that can be used within my Design Analysis + Synthesis class as well as my Innovation Narratives. They module addresses a foundational element.

Consistency is important when creating a course and modules.  Consistency helps students navigate through the course with ease.

I found it interesting that the fonts should be consistent throughtout all modules, and "chunking" as a way to maintain temporal consistency.  

I see how important it is to construct a platform that is consistent and with information that is relevant to the course.

The main concept I am taking away from this section is consistency. Having someone other than the designers "test" the course for consistency and functionality that benefits learning. Without consistency more time is spent navigating or figuring out what is needed versus what should be learned. 

Create a course framework (what should the student know and do), Learning objects database, make a template for your modules and test it (on going test), consistency is the key to success,scaffolding instruction, must support the learning objectives, and have a discussion board, and feedback from your students.

I have learned to break the information into chunks vs. giving the students too much information all at once. This can be done in various ways such as short videos, handouts, PP.

I've learned that it will take careful planning of course content to assist my students in their learning process.   I would like to put into action a test module and have another teacher be able to give feedback on the simplicity of opening, following directions of the activity and do an assessment.

I have learned that consistency is important when creating modules.  

Staying consistant across all courses is important for the sudents to become more famiiar with the style of receiving information as well as the movement of the coursework.  Creating a database too make for a great reference source for any future questions or even back tracking to finalize a thought of a previously misunderstood concept.

The most important thing I learned is the chuncking of information and maintaining a consistent template and data base for storage and reuse of information.

Sign In to comment