Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I had no idea there was such a thing as TeacherTube and SchoolTube.  I intend to research these.

Be selective with videos and only use them to support a topic.

I’ve learned module consistency is the most important thing make it easier for the students to understand.

Consistancy is important

The most important things That I learned from this Module is that you have to be consistent when you develop the modules, that they have to be consice and similars to each others

I learned a variety of ways to create, test, and revise a course module and the important things that are needed to make it successful. I'll make sure to have my friend test the module and give me feedback, as she already teaches an on line course and has knowledge in this area.

It is important that the student experience is very similar and predicatable among all your courses.

The instructor does not always have to develop the learning objects. This is the best piece of advise, since we are natural researchers, when we look for content that is already created, we have the possibility of refreshing a previous knowledge or debate a wrong given information and even better, learning new approaches. 

What have you learned from this module and how do you intend to apply it?

I think i learned more about the importance of having consistency on your online course site. It makes me want to look at what i am doing on my school Canvas page and make it more consistent for my students. 

Lots of tips such as font size, video length, and CONSISTANCY.

Use the same learning objects.  Video or audio should not be the primary or only way to communicate information to the students.  Create a database of learning objects and be sure to share with other instructors.  Don't make one module longer than the other; split up into 2 different modules.

Consistency with the development of the Module(s) will make it easier for students to interact, respond and stay focused on the objectives.  Also, that when doing videos, allow 10-15 minutes to hold their interest in the topic. 

Being consisitent

Having a consistant format with a standard time frame for each module is important to keep students working on the content. 10 -15 minute long modules is a good time frame to keep student interest.

Being consistent is crucial to online learning.  It is beneficial to the student and teacher.

It is essential to provide consistency when posting templates and online content for students. Consistency leads to ease of use and decrease fustration for students when they are navigating the online course.

I sum what I learned in 3 words.

1. Framewoek

2. Syllabus

3. Assessment

This is the first time I've taught completely online.  So now I will be able to start building my learning modules and templates.  I now know to make them all similar and address the students different learning styles.

In this module I learned that the teacher must create a clear roadmap when laying out the class before you teach.  Oragnize lessons into chunks and add  into "Modules".  Make sure that all the modules are layout out consistanly in style, font and design.  Maintaining a data base of files and resources helps to add content throughout the course. 

I have alot of work to due on my LMS which is Canvas. I saw the section modules and now I have a better knowledge to apply.

Sign In to comment