Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

"Some learning objects are self-contained and therefore can be inserted in various parts of a course or be used as supplemental information or to provide opportunity for remedial learning. They can be disabled if they are not a necessary component of a particular template. Self-contained learning objects allow students to move more easily through a self-paced course. "

It is very important to be consistent in developing templates. The students need to know each time they enter a course where they can find the material, quizzes, exams, etc. 

Authoring an online course involves defining your purpose and audience, choosing a topic based on passion and demand, and staying updated in your field. The success of the course hinges on clear, high-quality content, effective engagement strategies, and responsiveness to learner needs, making it essential to create a dynamic and interactive learning experience.

Creating Course Module Templates need to be tested and revised to meet the needs of the audience. Students come in with knowledge and need to expand on what they know by participating in Course content and by testing new skills. 

Format and timing should be consistent.

They help save time and are easily accessible.  User friendly.

Planning, expecting non-verbal cues, presentation using scaffolding, and font size are important for students.

I think the most important thing will be consistency amongst modukes

Using the database saves time when developing a course. I currently use this at my institutions. You can quickly sort, locate, and upload desired components to use in multiple courses.

A Learning-Objects Database is more than just managing resources—it brings collaboration, personalization, and adaptability to our education. With data-driven insights, it helps us make informed decisions, improves accessibility, and saves costs. Investing in this database is a big step towards a better, more collaborative, and inclusive education.

Mohd Ali

Working with students in chunking data is valuable.  I also like the consistency of courses.

Consistency in developing and following templates is critical. Making sure the students are familiar with the instructional format and knows how to navigate all the components is also essential for effective learning.

utilization of templates

utilization of templates

Consistency is key! I like to use Heading Styles, bold important information, and a consistent look and feel with each module. Including visuals is helpful as well.  

The course framework is the initial communication allowing the student to see the big picture.  The course framework should be created using a module template. The module template should be revisited and tested often by a resource other than the developer or by a person without 'expectations' of the course.

I learned that maintaining a Learning Objects database saves time, as the course developer can quickly sort, locate, and upload desired components. 

It's a good idea to create a learning objects database. That way, I can recycle items.

Creating a database with course documents will help to save time. I started doing this on my laptop and on the Canvas platform, and it truly helps me to share files and resources with students easily. 

Discussion boards have a valuable component to online learning.

Sign In to comment