Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Tonya Tracy's post: I didn't either but I will definetly be looking into that now!

I have always keep digital folders for each course I teach so I don't have to re-create the wheel year-after year. I understand the importance of keeping all my info in one easy to reach spot so I am learning how to create and use these templates in a complete online platform.

I have learned that you must have consistancy with your information you provide in your course .

The most important piece is the consistency.  I am trying to make sure that the procedure to complete each "module" goes in the same order so that students are able to watch and learn, determine if they have questions, then bring the questions to me, then attempt the quiz/assessment.

I have learned that consistency in module development is key. Students need to know where to find materials and how to interact with these materials.

Following course framework is important to plan and develop the course. Utilizing course content to create the module and then using LMS to provide structure to the content is important. Consistency  throughout the entire course and developing other courses is necessary to assist the learner in successfully passing all courses.

importance of creating a simple standard database template/platform makes it easier and faster for the instructor to reuse them in other courses. Uniformity of objects creates less confusion for students and use of other learning techniques like Blackboard, etc to enhance their learning. Keeping uniformity regarding time for each module will prevent student's boredom.

I've learned that it's important to have consistency across the board.  Students will get accustomed to receiving and delivering their information in a certain way.i

What I have learned from this module is about the use of language when giving instruction to students. Similar to the classroom setting as in distance learning, the language when providing instruction and direction must be consistent otherwise, students will lose focus and student learning will suffer.

Maintaing formats and templates current is an important component to presentation. 

I have learnt about the learning management system and the importance of consistency in module template.

I will present content using variety of methods to take into account the different students learning styles.

Consistency is key to online class management. 

I have learned to organize my module isn sucha way as to allow the studetn easy and understabdable access to the materail.

They must be able to figure out how to complet the material basically on their own so I must provide good isntructions, several examples and links for them to be successful. A database of learning is important to access chunked material to provide usable and creative ways to deliver the course online.

It is important to design the online platform with the question of What will make sense to the student  as well as a format that is consistent to best navigate. Chunking should be used with videos no longer than 10-15 minutes.

Module consistency and ease of use are of upmost importance. Try to design modules to look the same throughout the lesson in which you plan to distribute course content. Have others test your modules to determine whether they are easy to navigate and understand. Make adjustments as neccassary. Content should be concisive with the lesson at hand. Chunk content into smaller individually focused modules when neccassary

I learned that using the templates that are already there wiill help save time. Also make sure that I use consistancey so students will not be lost when it comes to directions. Also make the layout similar for the students.

Like any other project, it's always good to start with an outline. The outline will evolve into the course framework.

I learned that developing the templates, you need to be consistent so the content looks the same & is not confusing to the students.

I have found that consistency in framework and information goes a long way towards student sucess.

An organized online course is conducive to flow of the course and increasing knowledge retention within the student.

Sign In to comment