Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency is important when designing. It helps students know what is coming next and how to regulate the course. 

One crucial element of creating content is effectively engaging with the intended audience. A notable challenge with online education is the restricted feedback from learners, particularly in terms of interaction. This underscores the necessity for meticulous preparation and management of educational materials or course content. Ensuring uniformity in presentation and delivery becomes essential in this context.

Consistency is crucial. A learning module must remain consistent to improve student success rates. 

store course content in a database for use when developing a course.

I learned that you don't have to necessarily re-invent the wheel if there is material already created that you can use.

What I find to be important is consistency with the navigation of the modules. Students may have enough going on to now have to learn a new method for finding the tests, etc.

It is important to design an online class so it is consistent from week to week (with the same font, length of videos, etc.) 

I was struck by that by using learning objects in online classes it allows our students to engage in chunking ideas together. Many of my students are not traditional aged students who fill multiple roles including student, parent, and worker. I believe my students need to see items in my online class that allow them to make meaning and put things in context, especially since they often have limited time.

Communication between instructors and students is so highliy important!

There is a balance between concept and date range when planning the divided material.  There is a certian momentum that has to be maintained when delivering bite sized material over time.  Some can be devided by time such as dates, while others on content.  Knowing the material is key.

I've learned the importance of consistency and following a framework 

The most important thing I've learn is the possibility of making a wide template and hide unnecessary learning objects

Students need a consistent template to know where and how to access course materials. 

Comment on Manuel Tornilla's post: I have tried to always keep my layout simple and easy for the students. Many are first-time online learners and are just beginning to learn how to navigate the system. Consistency is important for all students.

I learned the importance of module consistency.  It definitely would enhance the learning experience for students and make it easier to navigate.

Once you have identified learning objectives, you can organize the material into sections or modules, then develop content that reinforces those objectives, and 'chunk' the material into short, meaningful sections they can move through and see their progress as they complete it.

Hello,

From watching the module I've learned that it is best to be as constistent as possible to help my students understand material and expections. Also will assist the students in knowing where to look for information or how is the best to contact myself if they have a question.

Ensuring module consistency is crucial for students to easily locate and progress through units of study, as well as to facilitate their access to all course information. 

The importance of consistent modules, as far as look and time. Will ensure I am covering all modules at similar lengths. 

Create and use a learning object library! 

Sign In to comment