Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Plan to incorporate a learning-object database to quicker access to files and move more efficiently for all students. 

I have learned the importance of being concise, well organized and to have the course well planned before starting the process.

Importance of being concise and well organized.  Have a well planned course designed before starting the development process.

Hello everyone,

Being consistent when creating a module will alleviate any confusion or anxiety from a student.

I am still cogitating on the material with regards to planning how to implement it within my courses. :)

I have learned about keeping consistency which helps students feel less anxious.  Also, chunking of the content and course objects is important, along with keeping videos short (less than 5-10 mins).  This is important in this digital-social media driven age where students can lose focus real quick.  

I learned that staying consistent is key to the success of the students.  You need to tell them what you expect up front and most of the time they will rise to it.  I also learned that using different fonts and such can help bring their attention to important material.  

I liked learning about Learning Objects and how creating a database can help with organization and planning. 

It is important to think of student needs and put ourselves in their shoes

When creating a course, focusing on all levels of creation from the details to the big picture is essential. Examples include font size and consistency as a strong way to keep students from becoming distracted and allows them to maintain the expectation of what each module will look like. 

Using existing formats and templates, I will need to test the modules before instituting them. Not all formats allow for ease-of-use when sending out assignments or discussions. This can be done with our current personnel and current students to gain an understanding of how it will affect both parties. Ease of navigation will be paramount for our students.

I would say that I have learned that structure is very important for ease of student access, especially in finding material needed to be successful in course. 

What I learn was about templets and framework

I am new to Teaching in a formal sense, just hired to a faculty position 3 months ago.  I had not thought about having a learning object database and I am wondering how broadly I apply this.  It makes sense to have one and use it as a clearinghouse for things across modules but I have not ever done this before.  I welcome anyone else's thoughts or experience with this kind of database. 

I learned the importance of having frameworks that lead to development of the curriculum I can use. I see the various component and how they relate in developing an effective tool.

We already do almost all of this.  But I do agree consistency is the key and organization.  In the course that I teach we already do have course consistency.  This makes it much easier for the students to learn. 

Consistency is of the utmost importance. Students need to know where and how items are given including expectations.

Chunking content and following a weekly schedule versus modules. 

Designing learning materials such as lectures, presentations, readings, quizzes, and assignments that align with the learning objectives of the course will allow that the students can focus more on learning and less on figuring out the logistics of the course structure. Instructors of online courses often leverage various digital tools and platforms to develop interactive and engaging content that caters to the needs of diverse learners. 

I learn to make sure that the structure of my modules should be the same to make it easier for me as a instructor and for my students to understand.

Sign In to comment