Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency is the key to gaining the learner's trust and to make them feel accommodated. Its also helps in giving the learner a sesne of structure.

This module showed us that when we are creating our learning objects database, it is important to be consistent with the learning modues and templates with how/where they are posted, how the inormation will be chunked, the types of learning activities and the types of assessments offered.  Testing & revising will be key within the learning modules. 

Consistency with modules is a given.  One needs to be able to keep themselves organized.

Object database is pretty useful if you follow a standardized naming-conventions for your files.

This is a great idea, and will help me a lot.

I agree with several posts: Consistency is a key factor. Also, keeping content tight and relevant - not overly wordy or packed. This section spoke about breaking large topics apart through chunking giving learners time to 'chew' information.

I believe consistency is important for student learning, but it is also important for the teachers organization as well. 

Be consistient in course content and learn how to modify it to make it easier to navigator for the user. It will make for a better student (learner) environment.

The instructor should establish several mathonds of learning the matereial and providing feedback so all different typs of learners can engage and feel comfortable.  Additionally consistancey throughout each module would help students learn.

You must continuosly test your modules for consitency make sure the students understand the information you're trying to display.

I learned the importance of being consistent. Students need and want to know what to expect. Additionally, the concept of chunking information, to avoid overloading of subject matter. I also like the existence of the learning objects. I believe that I will enjoy using these.

It is important to have consistency with the framework of the class. This should allow the students to be successful in the class by knowing what the expectations are.

The Learning Objects Database is a new concept and could be useful.  In other words, having different teaching methods / tools available in a "common access" location so that the same tools can be used in a variety of courses.  This could achieve greater consistency and efficiency.

I learned that making the content easier to navigate is student centered and to practice instruction design that is beneficial to the student and not the instructor.

Respectfully,

Kendrick Kim

kkim1@fullcoll.edu

I have learned the importance of course structure and consistency to help students develop a routine.

Authoring made me think of how to database what I have done for furture courses.  I guess I never thought about it in this manner.  I have done that with hard copies of paperwork, diagrams, and information sheets that I had created in the past, prior to going digital.

the biggest thing i took away from thsi is to create a frame work in order to be consistent 

The role of an instructor requires the same trait desired of other people in leadership roles.  Whether it's a teacher, a professor, a manager,  or a company executive, consistency is expected.  In terms of providing adequate training, particularly with an online learning environment, consistency helps the student as well as the faculty and the institution.  Visual cues can be used to serve as reminders of key points.  Using different styles of fonts can provide the right amount of emphasis on certain pieces of information.  Even different font types and sizes can provide cues, whether or not htey are used in conjunction with voice narration with appropriate variation of tone.  When creating a training, and even a series of trainings. consistency helps solidify credibility while contributing to the quality of the training and the ability fo the student to learn and retain the subject matter.

I learned that consistency in module building is not only more efficient but actually helps students with anxiety and sets up expectations for how the course will flow.

I think the most important tool received is to be consistant with the information and formats used. That allows students the ability to be familiar with the formats and navigate more effectively. 

Using a module improves consistency.

It can be useful to maintain a learning objects database.  

Sign In to comment