Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned that having a similar layout in the template  is imortant. Similar visual, instructional and assessment charactersitics will make it easier for students and the teacher.  

I learned that objects can be presented in different manners in the course. Video tend to lose student interest after 10-15 minutes.

Consistency is key. With Modules and courses using the same layout will reduce student anxiety. I have found with students of all ages this is the key to learning. Students need structure, they also like to know what is planned or objectives for the day. This helps with everyone staying on topic, as much as possible, and helps to make sure all material is covered. 

Informative

I learned what I have always suspected that the way we have been creating content for our CADD courses is completely incorrect.  The fact that we had several instructors create the courses with little instruction or guidance aside from what subjects and principles needed to be covered, means we have a curriculum with several different styles and flavors making it wholely inconsistant.  This is why other institutions follow a particular text for their teachings.  The provision of information then becomes consistant and familiar.

What I have learned so far is to be CONSISTANT. Make all modules have the same layout . This will make it easier for students to find the information they are looking for. Also need to chunk information. Small chunks of info at a time is easier to digest for the student then very long , drawn out lectures or videos and will keep the students attention.

I learned about consistency in developing formats and templates.

What I learned the most was consistency using existing formats and templates.

I agree with most of the other participants, course consistency is a primary concern.  I myself find that consistency between courses such as this one helps me know what to expect and makes it easier to complete the course.  I also like the idea of creating a database of resources.  I find I spend alot of time searching for resources I have already used but did not save.

Stay consistent, focus and keep all modules looking similar.

Organizing your modules will help you in the future teaching the course as well as making it easier for your students to navigate. Consistency is key! 

I was impressed with the thought of using existing templates. This will provide consistency for student, while saving the instructor time.

What I have learned it timing and organization is very important. Too long and students lose intrest. Too short and they miss it. Organization will keep everything flowing in the same direction and each module wil need to the next logically.  Use several mhods to break up the learning type. You need to hit the hot spots of all learning types.

comsistency is very important.  Test nad revise as needed.  by organizing content and using scaffolding 

Consistency is key. Keep the modules within a workable time in an effort to maintain interest

I learned that consistently is key for student learning. Also, knowing and usi available content and templa will help to keep consistency and save time in the module creation.

I learned that it is important for each module to be similar in length and organization. Each module should contain similar types of learning styles such as video, sudio, group activities, discussion forums, etc.

There are learning objects that are already developed and may be accessed through a variety of locations.  For example, your school or university technology department may have learning objects already developed for your use. 

Consistency is key during the course.  Also, the chunking of materials may be beneficial.

what i've learned about module is the course consistency.learning objects can easily be found in various parts of a course.

teacher doesn't always have to develop the learning objects.

Sign In to comment