Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Also to make sure information provided is clear to understand

When developing a course module know that it has to make sense to the student. Allow for constructive criticism from someone who is not familiar with my module to more or less "play around." Take their feedback serious.  

The most important thing I learned in this course is to have content consistency as well as utilizing a learning database to assist in building and structuring course material.

I learned to keep consistent throughout my course framework, and to have a common area to save my learning objects for easy retrieval for many different courses as they fit. My organization going into building lessons will help my framework stay consistent and easier for students to navigate. Setting up common visual clues will help students get comfortable with the process, and to stay with what I know best, not to throw in new technology just because I can, before I have tested it's userability and value.  

Make sure the course is clear and consistent and follows the learning objectives.

Developing a course framework will assist my students in the learning process.

• I learned the importance and guidelines to create and test a course module template with consistency. I can use module templates provided by the learning management system (LMS) at my institution.
  • Create and use learning-objects database will allow me to save time and use the database in future courses. I can find learning objects already developed and I may access them through a variety of locations.

That consistency is key. The same font, style, etc help students. Knowing where to find information helps students. The look and design should be the same across the lesson. 

Teaching online requires you as the instructor to really examine the course and make decisions regarding formatting-whether modules will be done by date (week 1, week 2, etc.) or by content (discussion boards, tests, etc.) There is no right or wrong, but trial and error will allow you to identify your preference. I have used both methods and found that different courses favor one or the other. Consistency is key so students know expectations.

My focus in developing modules will be to reflect on the students' perspective. How will I organize the module to make an effective self-guided learning experience for my students? The technical recommendations and the learning-objects database will be helpful in the development of modules.

I learned that I can use a course module template to begin deveopling my course.

This module highlights the concept of course framwork, or planning how to teach students exatly what you want your students to know and do. In addition, the module teaches about creating and testing course module templates, as well as how important consistancy is to overall success. Consistancy helps the student to become comfortable with the instructional layout.

I've learned that you can't just take your lessons and assignments, put them online, and call it online teaching. I've also learned that the learning object library will save time in teh long run, even though it may take a while to get everything together.

I have learned that you can't just put your lectures and worksheets online and expect students to learn from it. You need to use the tools of the learning platform to develop a library of tools for students to use.

Conisistency in moules is key to student succcess in online course development. It is important to decide as an insructior how you would like to organize the modules. Once that is determined all modules should be consistent. This applies to font used, graphics, audio, video and should be consistent from module to moudle. The information in this unit has given me some good ideas on how to organize course material. 

consistency in formating easier to navigate less confusion

knowing schedule of assignments is critical to most students

Consistency is key for student success with online learning. I plan on using the same format within all modules and tests. I also plan on offereing a variety of ways to complete assignments to cater to the different learning needs and styles of my students.

I have gained an appreciation for how best to address different learner types via the online format!

Module consistency will enhance desired learning outcomes.  It will save the author a lot of time if they create a content data base which can be used again and again.  One should refine modules after assessment.

Consistency, consistency, consistency!  It is important to creates lessons that are in a consistent format so students will have easy access to databases, videos, etc. This will reduce wasted time, reduce stress, and allow for students to be independent once they understand the format.

Sign In to comment