Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Consistency and clarity is the key to developing an effective and efficient online learning experience.

I learned about the value and true necessity of using a learning-objects database for online instruction.  It's important for organizing, saving time, and for maintaining conistency.  

I learned how important chunking is and that students lose focus after 10 - 15 minutes when watching a video. I will use videos throughout a module to break up content and to help reduce cognitive confusion.

Must be consistent with modules

Consistency is key

I plan to be very mindful of the importance of consistency. I also want to be sure to be diligent in remembering each group is different and working to accommodate the needs of the students through the course, not trying to force them into a rigid course.

The construction of course modules is important in consistently presenting to the student a understandable, readable and easy access of the learning material.

This module has taught me that course development takes thoughtful planning, testing and revising. You have to first analyze your audience, then create your objectives based on what the students' know and what you want your students to know. I learned that you also have someone other than yourself test your module before you revise.

I've learned that course framework is the road map for course development. Through the use of a course framework you have the opportunity to plan how to develop the course. Also a module template may be provided to you through your learning management system, (LMS) at your institution. 

I've learned that developing a Dynamic Syllabus will assists in finding and viewing specific course information for online students. 

I have learned several things:  1)  Consistency is key to ensure easy flow and awareness of expectatios. 2).  The course framework has to be tested and revised and is cyclical. 3).  To save time, items used can be stored in one place. 4) Modules are set up differently (in chunks, by date, etc).

Since I have never taught onlne, this course was like an unplowed field for me, so it was time to hitch up my mule and start plowing.  The entire unit from building the roadmap to creating, testing and implementing the modules and to the learning-objects database was all fascinating.  In my particular arena, the probability of using online instruction is zero, but the information is still valuable.  As a learning system, "Moodle" was a totally alien term until recently.  Now I want to dig into it.  Education, I believe, is an ever evolving, growing organism.  The idea of chunking within modules allows the instructor unplug outdated chunks and plug new chunks into place.  Most important to me was creating the database with files in which to store these usable chunks until the ploper time to pull them out and implement them.

Consistency in format, but variety in mode of instruction are a beneficial combination in creating an online course.

So far I have learned about setting up a classroom template that will help me be consistent, reach all my objectives, and have an outline of my goals for myself and my students. I like the part about evaluating my strengths and weakness to see what I need to focus more on as an instructor.

I learned that course modules should have the same format and length.  This will help students find their lessons quickly and know how to access quizzes and discussions boards.

Biggest takeaway is making sure all learning styles are addressed and make sure to differentiate online instruction.

Consistancy !!!!!!

The more consistent you are in your presentation, the easier it is for your students and yourself to navigate through the courses.

Paying attention to staying consistent each module is very important. Thinking back to the modules I have studied from in the past this makes sense. 

Looking forward to creating modules for my students in the future, I am quite sure the consistency will help to make the lessons much more presentable and easy to follow.

I've learned the importance developing a database for my course. Testing, revising and consistency are key factors in authoring my course module. Keypoint--Keep student's needs, styles and assessed course objectives in mind from the beginning and throughout the process of authoring. The process is fluid.

Sign In to comment