Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In developing an online course, deisgn is very important to create a sense of consistency.  I am currently teaching a course using a blended learning approach and the online design is fairly good in this sense (designed by another source), but I did note some of the modulde vary greatly in the time it takes to complete.  So, it does affect how students complete them.

Supplemental materials in a database are handy for saving time and using a resource more than once. This reminds me of Google Classroom and Google Drive

consistency is incredibly important to a students ability to learn effectivley. it is also important that information flows smoothly and works as planned wich is why it is important to test and correct moduals.

In the Teaching Online: A Student-Centered Approach module one I have learned how to create a course on line. From creating a course framework, to a template, to testing the course and adding learning objects that a student will use within the course. Lots of information for sure! 

Reply to Manuel Tornilla's post:Love your comment!!

CONSISTENCY !!!!!! Very important !!!

I learned to keep patterns and templates so the students know what to expect.  I plan to keep assignments and modules more time consistent.

I plan to build templates and focus on being consistent when I design classes so my students are familiar with processes and can focus more on learning: consistency is key.

Setn Soronnadi

That the course in module template must occur more than once to identify areas in which students may have difficulty and shuld be  properly placed  to enhance student learning. Also, that maintaining a database saves time, it creates an environment that students will become familiar with, and be able to navigate the course in which the module is design.

I have Learned that there are different types of LMS platforms to use. The one that I use is ideal for what I am doing with my current students. Modules are the other option, but it seems that would be more beneficial If my class was offered online from the start. 

Consistency in layout of modules and information between modules will enhance the capability of students to understand the flow of an online class.

Be consistent throughout your lessons. 

1. I have learned how will content be delivered with online learning and how to deliver to the studentsthe content they need. I also was given advice on how our students will be assessed in their knowledge of the content? Understand what  do students know and how we can adapt in online learning to better their knowledge of the content? What can students do to improve their online learning.

I think the biggest take away thus far is that once you create a course module/template, you should check it in a student perspective to see how it would best work for them. If changes need to be made, make them. You should monitor your templates and keep them relatively the same to allow for consistency for students. 

Developing a consistent "theme" for you online courses makes sense to me.  It allows for consistency in the course layout, and it also makes it easy to change/find information quickly

Going from the classroom to online is going to be different for all of us.  Making sure my resources are easy to access and make available to the students.  It will be important to break the lessons into smaller chuncks, since I will not be able to see when the students are starting to get distracted or confused by the material.  

Reply to Kevin Short's post: I agree Kevin that modules are easier to follow if the format is consistent. Since most people attention span is somewhat short, chunking assignments would definiely be the preferred form of delivery. 

Submitted by: Marilyn Renfroe

I have learned that each course or module should be done and organized the same way. This lessens confusion and helps the student to become familiar with the course outline.  Course consistancy is major.

To appropriately relate content and subject matter to the student learner, it is incumbent that I have have a comprehensive and current understanding of using learning systems to facilitate the needs of my students.

Sign In to comment