Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

In this chapter, I learn the importance of the synchronous and asynchronous discussions, to establish the differences using the examples in the classes.  

Educating online both synchronously and asynchronously will always face the challenge of studying the learning styles of the group to align the activities and the support of the individual students and the course.

I learned that it's best to use asynchronous discussion in order to elicit participation from all students. That way, they are able to post on their time and are more likely to participate.

I don't always just have to provide encouragement as feedback. I have learned that I can also provide constructive criticism when necessary.

By keeping the students engaged and active by posting on the learning resource platform you can increase class participation and engage the students more effectively.

Engaging with the students is vital in learning. Non verbal communication plays a big key into that. Also providing and seeking feedback from the students 

Students exhibit various learning styles: avoidant, competitive, dependent, collaborative, participant, and independent.

I must find a means of breaking up the required two-hout synchronous meeting with ample breaks and a variety of activities to keep students actively engaged.

Althoutgh synchronus vs asynchronus strategies have differences one theme is that the instructor must continue to engage and drive the discussions and make changes and additions when needed.

It is important to engage student in the discussion remembering feedbavk.  Feedback allows for learnig and student to continue the dialog.

how to use synchronouziaton

Feedback should be worded in way to encourage participation, confidence, and motivation. Feedback should also be constructive criticism if there is a need.

It is important to allot time for socializing at the beginning of the synchronous discussion. Also allow time for ending remarks of the synchronous discussion.

A student can have more than one style but to different degrees for each.

a student can have more than one style but to different degrees for each.

Fostering Asynchronus and synchronous learning is established by the instructor knowing his audience.  Dividing the 6 learning styles into the approriate groups.  Try not to allow the competetive, avodiance, or dependant students, not to partner up.  This can cause an uneasy learning environment. 

Try to focus on the collabarative, participating and indepent people to in the asynchronus learning and other 3 to work with the instructor in the synchrosus learning environment.

Remeber to always allow for question befor and after the discussions for feedback

Understanding the differences between asyn and sync learning as well as how to schedule times and class sizes to best accomodate between both.

Feed back is important to let the student know that you are there for them.

Feedback its important either from instructor or student

I have learned that student participation and engaging learners can be a confidence booster.

The synchronous response is not the answer for everything. It has to be used for the appropriate situations and goals.

I've learned the difference of asynchronous and synchronous when fostering participation.  Most of the ideas I've learned in this module today have confirmed teaching practices. I am happy to know we can use emoticons in asynchronous discussions to help convey the message and to compensate for the lack of nonverbal cues. 

In addition, I have learned the importance of rewording feedback to encourage participation, and to increase the studnents' confidence to partcipate in this module.  

Sign In to comment