Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comparing the variables for synchronous and asynchronous discussions.

I typically make sure I'm very present in asynchronous discussion prompts. If the student's know that I will pop in the discussion at anytime they usually take the time to submit substantial responses to the discussion. Also I like to bring discussion feedback to the live course and discuss synchronously face to face.

I did not realize that feedback is a two way street.

I learned that should identify the students that are not active and try to coordinate the learning activies. Provide feedback in a timely basis. 

Participate in the discussion board as a means to set an example of what is required of students.

Engaging learners to participate in the course.

The information on synchronous and ansynchronous discussion was informative. I also learned the importance of small talk in discussions. 

I learned a lot about use of synchronus and asynchronus discussions

One of the most important things a distance instructor can do is provide timely, meaningful, tactful feedback.  In the absence of the immediate responses facilitated by in-person communication, careful attention in this area becomes absolutely vital.

Using asynchronous for discussions can allow every student to have a voice and be heard especially on critial concept discussions

I will use synchronous and asynchronous discussions to allow students to interact while also making sure the important topics are covered.

Good tip

• Remember to allot time for socializing at the beginning and parting remarks at the end of the session.

This is important to remember...You should also seek feedback from students on a regular basis. 

When your in an online setting the only way to know how much your student is comprehending is to encourage student interaction and engagement. I have learned further strategies and techniques that help facilitate this type of learning environment.

Engaging learners in the virtual world is similar to in person learning but it takes more to get the same effect.

Be active in chat as well as on camera.

I learned  the advantages and the disanvantages of using synchronous lectures. I will be adopting these ideas for the future synchronous and asynchronous classes I teach. 

Asynchronus discussion is more effective and adaptable by higher number of students. But sometime synchronus discussion is also needed for a small group of participants.

Learning the difference of E learning and traditional class . how it affect the students in learning. Students need to adapt the changes to complete the course. 

I did not know that avoidant, competitive and dependent students should be identified early on and learning these strategies to assist them is something I will be working on in my classes

Sign In to comment