Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I learned about the structure and content as well as the importance and forms of communication. 

Most of everything here, I am familiar with because I am currently a Distance Learning Professor and I have been  of teaching Distance Learning courses for over a decade.

I feel like I need to be more prepared with written lesson plans for an on line course than with an inseat course.  I'be been teaching the same classes for over 10 years and can teach in a room of students with little preperation.  But on line, I feel like every minute needs to be planned in advance and accounted for.  It forces me to be more creative in keeping the student's attention.  And I can always bring those ideas into the inseat classroom as well.

Online Teaching Techniques --> Course Delivery

The success of the students will fall on my comprehension, resposibilities and my ability to navigate a CMS system in a course delivery format. 

I've been on the student side of the instructor/student LMS relationship for a much longer time than I've been on the instructor end of it.  I can relate to the learner frustrations when the users on either end are not familiar with the workings of the LMS.  It is something that we as educators using an online platform need to study and stay up with when it comes to learning technologies.  I appreciate the way the course identifies the importance of instilling competence in the software systems into your students at the onset.

The need for a full understanding of my course management system.

It is important to "connect" with students to make sure they understand the delivery system.

In an online environment, the student must feel supported by the instructor and the instructor will need to show competence and knowlecge in the subject matter being taught.

As instructor i need to be fully informative about the e-learning platform. it will be helpful if instructor review the student tutoring video to know how the students will view the platform. 

In order to be a succesful online instructor I must know the platform beforehand in order to satisfy the students needs. 

Our students are new to this entirely online format, with different learning styles. My goal as an instructor is to support them, guide them, and encourage thier self paced learning. I keep myself open to learning the new platforms with them.

School's should have an online course delivery method platform, commonly referred to as Course Management System (CMS). The on-line instructor should become familiar with the school's online course delivery method such as course structure, instructor roles, responsibilities, and expectations, as well as planning considerations when building and teaching an individual curriculum.

I learned as an oline instructor of the many ways to communicate to make online a better learning envirnoment,  how to relay needful informaiton to students 

I learned about the overal course structure which includes structural integrity, navigation simplicity, acive learners centered learning, and course management system. The tips on managing a course management system was informative. 

Teaching online brings its own challanges when trying to engage students to particapate and stay active in the online classroom. This material was a good starting point on the different aspects of the online classroom, and basics of engaging students to learn in the online classroom. I think this was great information on the different communication strategies to use, how the online classroom is set up, and how to engage and have students particpate online. 

We are responsible for knowing a LMS in and out to make sure that online instruction flows smoothly.

I learned that the course structure, the structure of the delivery platform AND my familiarity with both have a great impact on students expereince and ability to navigate the online learning experience successfully. There is a lot of 'new to me' vocabulary.

Content and structure of same is very important, in tandem with knowledgeable instructors, who are seasoned practitioners.  Feedback from students and instructors, in order to keep the content current engaging, is key.

I have learned that using e-learnining structure will allow the success of course material to be delivered to students in a timely manner and assist with students with effective communication.

As an online distance learning instructor, you should become fully familiar with your institution's online course delivery platform. Our institution's platform is Edgenuity which we had five days to learn and many webinars to follow so that we can be effective with our e-learning program. 

Sign In to comment