Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

That with e-learning you can post assignments and grade asiignments. As an instructor, I need to be timely in my response to grading students work.

Well structured platform, clear instruction and open orientation, optimize feedback, provide supports and quick and continual feedback to students.  As I went through this, I remembered some of the online courses taken in the past...the good ones and the bad.  

When facilitating a class, it needs to be engaging, meet course objectives, highly interactive, and with meaningful activities and not just busywork. 

I have learned you should utilize different techniques to keep the student engaged and motivated in the online course.

Online teaching has many components.  The role of the facilitator or online instructor is complex.  Instructors must have a good understanding of their role in the online course.  

Adapting the current curriculum to online will be a challenge in some areas and easily adapted in others. We currently use an adequate Course Management System (CMS) that students are familiar with.  The CMS allows me to access student information, monitor progress, and communication academic progress to both student and parent. The CMS is already set up by modules with the assignments and due dates, etc.

The challenges I can foresee to moving online will be changing the delivery format and communicating differently.  Another challenge will be establishing online discussions, assessments, and I am sure there is so much more that I will delve into.

Structure and support are main keys to success for the teacher and the student.  I plan on implementing this by having clear instructions posted, tasks, assignments, and discussions posted in an organized manner, and an online presence so the students know i am here for them.  

For students to be successful in the online learning environment, it is important be prepared. The instructor should be familiar with the learning system, how they plan to deliver instruction in an engaging way, and the students they will be teaching. It is important fo the instructor to begin with an orientation to help students start off on the right foot.

Goals for similar courses should be common but intstructors may use different methods to get there. It should be very organized. 

My key learning from this module is the necessity that the instructor has a clear understanding of the Course Management System (CMS). This is necessary in order to provide the course content in a logical and effective manner. Like any computer program, you need to know the program to use it effectively and effeciently. Also it is necessary to understand how the CMS works from the student view. If we inadvertly create delivery errors we will frustrate the student.

The primary area of learning growth I see for myself is transitioning from using our platform (Google classroom) as supplement to in class activities, to the primary tool of student learning management.  There are many tools that I simply didn't use because I didn't understand or feel the need to use them.  Now, as we transition to online schooling thanks to a pandemic, I need to understand those tools at least.

I learned the various ways in which you can use technology to support your teaching. Many of the resources online can help to facilitate interactive learning. I'll use these strategies to engage all students in learning not just those who typically participate in the classroom. 

Create a learning support environemnt and maintain stuctutal integrity. 

I learned the structural integrity of an online course.

I feel that the section was good on focusing on all the litle things that must be considered when teaching online.  Often the little things will get overlooked and thus causing confusion with the students.  This confusion could cause the students to lose focus going forward or possiably considering challenging the teachers expertise on thge subject matter.  Feeling the teacher is unprepared.

As the instructor, I will need to know and understand the CMS, so that I can best explain this to my students. The distance learning aspect of the CMS is both an advantage and disadvantage.  I will need to learn how to best communicate through the CMS to my students, so they can begin to work through the content.

Very informative.

As an instructor, I need to not only understand the structure of the course, but that I also have some leeway in choosing strategies and examples in my instruction. That is important to keeping the content relevant and engaging. I also will make sure that students know I am "here" and ready to help with their progress through open channels of communication.

In this module, I really learned what will set you up to be a successful online educator and how to develop a successful online class.

From this module, I have learned what it means to be a successful online instructor and the characteristics of quality online courses.

I intend to apply what I have learned so far by implenting it in the currently online courses I am running due the school closures. 

Sign In to comment