Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

There are many different CMS approaches and that teachers do have choice in the delivery of them, which I appreciate.  It is good to know some of the tips that are suggested to make such a course go smoothly.  I need to be sure that I have a program fully set up with as few kinks as possible since I teach many different courses at the same time.  As a rural smal town teacher, I have a lot of students on computers so that we can offer as many electives as possible to them at the same time.  Having the proper setup of the course ahead o time into modules and lessons will make the school year go more smoothly and allow students to go at their own pace.  With CTE courses, I like to offer as much hands on time as possible and after the basic instruction is completed, it is nice to have some extended project time.  I hope to use the prep of the lessons to make the basic instruction go more smoothly and better share my class time with students as they work on projects in class.

AN online instructor should be fully familiar with the online setup, and be able to make sure that our on line students are fully aware that we are here to help them succed

What I have learned so far about e-learning is that an on-line instructor should become familiar with the school's online course delivery method platform, commonly referred to as Course Management System (CMS).  Also, the learner must know how to navigate the system in order to be successful in the course.  You should also complete the Student Orientation course to become familiar with the course as the instruction so you are well prepared in order to help the students.

E-learning requires both content knowledge and the technical knowledge and support capability to be successful.  Highly interactive courses improve the learning.

Need to have techinal and instructor support to have the student feel supported as they go through online teaching. Make sure all areas of the class is written and explained thoroughly for the student to know what is transpiring in the class.

To ensure the e-learning experience is successful, the first step is for the instructor to have a full understanding of how the learning platform (CMS) works.  If the CMS is easy to navigate, the students will not be burdened with technical issues. 

Success with any e-learning course it is very important to keep the material covered in each module interesting to the learner. I have already learned in this short segment of the course how imortant the course management is.

I have learned that stucture and simple is very key to online learners.

I will be sure to structure my course from the start so students will understand my expectations. The structure for the course will be built around my current face to face syllabus, but modified to work within a digital environment.

It is important to have the class organized with an efficiant flow right off the bat.  This will ensure ease of use and help to avoid excess frustrations and difficulties for the students and especially for anyone new to the online environment or limited in technology experience.

It is important to understand how all the various components of the online course function. It is also important to understand that, at times, with technology, things will sometimes go wrong. 

In an e-learning environment it is important for students to feel supported both with content and technology. The instructor has to be there for the student to assist the student in the e-learning environment. It is also important for the instructor to understand all components of the course being taught and to have an understanding of the CMS being used. As CMS can vary from school to school it is impotant to learn each CMS platform you would be working on. It is also important to make sure to set up a good communication system within the e-learning environment. One idea is to send out a welcome letter or welcome video introducing yourself to the class. 

Instructors must understand content to establish course boundaries. I will apply it by becoming familiar with course delivery and strategies.

STUCTURAL INTEGRITY AND COURSE DELIVERY CHECK LIST ESPECIALLY WITH NEW TEACHERS AND LERNERS

Both learners and instructors have a responsibility to engage in the learning, ensure timely connection, and to learn how to use the system prior to starting the class. 

I think that one of the most important to recognize with online students is to make sure they feel connected to the course and the instructor.

Roger

I have learned that there are several keys to the success of e-leanring as an instructor, first you must be understand and know how to function all aspects of the CMS you are using.  Second we need to make sure that the class is developed in a consistant and organized form.  This will allow or easy manuovering and transition of the education material for the students.  The third i feel is really important is making sure the studnets have some training on how to use the system but also access to you and tech support when issues arise.

You have to understand the course content so you can best develop stratagies for teaching in an online format

Learning to the access points in the CMS is helpful 

Having a well developed CMS with a variety of course content is important.  As is having great learning and technical support for students to feel comfortable.

Sign In to comment