Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I have never taught an online course so am taking this to get some guideance and hear from experienced educators. I have not used an online calendar with students so am interested in learning more about that.

I find that time discipline will be a challenge for many students. The instructor will really need to have a consistant line of communication with the students to provide the academic and technical support they need to remain engaged. It really is up to the instructor to have command of both.

Understanding the frustration the students may have because there not computer literate. And communication was a problem as well. Now I know what I can do to support the students better.

I have learned that as an instructor I need to familiarize myself with all components of the platform, including how to create assignments, due dates and how to mute a participate in a discussion. 

I.n the E learning environment students need interaction on regular basis.  Course material must be structural sound for online courses.  The instructor must be able to navigate the course as well as assist students with this also.

Student and instructor success within the eLearning environment depends on how comfortable each is with the CMS and its navigation.  Time spent upfront learning the navigational tools, functionality and purpose of the CMS are key.  Also, having functional technology and support when needed are key.

I have learned that there is not only a time frame for students. Teachers have to make themselves a timeline to turn on and off assignments, respond to discussion boards and keeping the gradebook current.

For the student to be successful, the Instructor has to be well versed in the subject matter being required and presented.  The Instructor has to be able to answer questions or be familiar with helpful resources

I hope to be able to apply what I am learning to my teaching.  This might be the wave of the furtuer but that also might be right now as we are not teaching to students directly right now that could change at any minute.  I want to be able to use the decussion boards better with my students and I want to be able to have sessions with them where we are face to face for some of the instruction.

With e- learning, failing to plan is planning to fail. You have to plan for the unexpected to ensure your students success in the course. Structure is key and vital to your students success.

Things I learned about Course Delivery are as follows:

• There needs to be a balance between quality of media and level of interactions within your online course.
  • Learning outcomes are higher when students are activily engaged and not sitting and getting passively.
  • Minimum components students need within a CMS system
  • Even in an online environment teachers will instruct differently the same content
  • Students will need technical support as well as content support to be successful in an online environment.

The biggest takeaway so far is that organization of the online course is key to the success of students. A course design needs to include active learning strategies, and everything from initial content delivery through assessment needs to be created in a manner that is accessbile to students. 

My takeaway from this section was how much goes into developing an online course. I am a fairly new classroom instructor with only a year under my belt, so I'm definitely still in that learning phase. This section made me reflect on my current courses and what I can do, as the instructor, to help my students have a successful transition into the online learning environment. 

i will continue to learn the way to nagiage throuh the system

I get to know that I can do a lot more with online learning like breaking down modules, getting student profiles, interactive videos and much more!

There are several types of delivery methods. One would need to understand the student dynamic. To make sure to distribute the information in the best manner for the student population. 

Thus far an emphasis that was particularly valid was the quality of a course and the focus on interactivity. Along with an understanding of how to utilize the platform and be actively engaged with the students.  As well as be familiar with course delivery techniques and strategies. 

I learned how important is to understand and clarify all the CMS protocol. it is highly diverse and integrates everything from learning skills and the way to technical support. really nice and complex.

I learned that structure and knowledge are key for the instructor, while the IT department also has a vital role in assuring student access.

Planning and being familiar with the CMS is pertinent prior to engaging students. There are many issues that can arise with e-learning and it's important for instructors to have some basic technical knowledge. I plan to create a structured outline of what I want my class to look like from an instructor and student perspective.

Sign In to comment