Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Student success is determined by our ability to guide and support them.

To ensure that I have a good overview of all the course material and consider timeframes as to when assignments will be do and for how long.  Need to consider all aspects as to if assignments/quizzes will be allowed to be repeated.

I learned the importance of fully understanding ALL the features of our CMS.  In moving further into developing more online content I will now be more focused on implementing more intactivity into the content of Keynotes and quizzes for greater intellectual engagement.  Also structuring the lesson with smaller modules and then activities to immediately follow.  

To be an effective online teacher, you must first know all the course content and plan through how you will lay out the course.  Online teachers will bring there own teacher experience to the CMS.  Effective online teachers must be familiar with the CMS, course content, and technical aspects to be able to answer students questions and tech them effectively.

Discussion Board:

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I learned that online courses are delivery via Course Management System (CMS) and that delivery system is based on structural integrity, simple navigation, active learner environment as well as intellectual interacting.

I learned that support from the instructor as well as the technical support is vital for student’s success. Both provide students with comfort and security while they are leaning in an online environment.

Another thing, I learned is it is imperative for instructors to know their subject contents and how to manage an online course. They need to know how to maneuver the CMS so they can manage their students as well as other assignments, calendar, discussion boards, and grade book.

Evonne Dantzler

To make sure I can effectively use an online platform and make it simple for the students.

I was concerned with the various forms of communication the students may or maynot be able to utilize and am glad to see that the autonomy to use a variety of forms is acceptable.   I learned that a structured platform, curriculam, etc. makes this a better learning experience for my students. 

I have learned that it is important to have your material sturctured into modes/lessons and consistently displayed for ease of understanding by the student.  If the student struggles to access the material, then they are less apt to participate fully.  The other point is to give constructive feedback in a timely manner

I plan to have folders for each week's assignments, resources, PPTs, and readings so the student can easily see one week at a time.  On the outside of the folder will be basic things to do and inside the folders will be the actual resources or assignments. 

It is essential to have an elearning structure that is easy to follow and has clear directions. Students can encounter hardships and fustrations when the structure is not properly planned and presented. I am going to apply these new strategies by using the Module-Lesson set-up mentioned in the beginning of the course.

I learned that it is important to familiarize yourself with the inner workings of the class infrastructure.  Knowing how everything is laid out is an important part of the class experience.  I hadn't really thought about that before but now I am thinking about how each decision (like can you take a quiz again) impacts the experiences.

With the onset of Covid-19 and the rush to become functional within an online classroom setting, this is very helpful in setting up a continuing on with a course.

Learning how to navigate your Course Management System is essential to being an online educator

I have learned, that as an online insturctor it is important to ensure that all students have every resource available to them. Also, it is my responsibility to post announcements, assignments, videos, due dates along with monitor students progress and keep an open communicaiton.  Students should have all questons answered.  

Having understanding of the online platform as an instructor is key to delivering successful learning on the students behalf. I liked the idea of hosting an online orientation beforre a course starts,  I will share this with my fellow instructors.

I learned the criteria for quality online courses and components of a CMS for students and teachers, as well as being a support for students by knowing the system well.  As I read this information, I reflected back on some online coures that I have taken and was reminded that the sucess of the course as well as myself as a student relied on all these components.

This information was very helpful and informative when it comes to our institutions CMS and why is so important for instructors to get familiarize with this system.

helpful topic

helpful topic

I learned that sturcture is the key. I also learned that you may not want all the information available on Day 1. 

Sign In to comment