Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Really liked the statement the fear of things that will never happen. Also to not be afraid to ask for help as even seasoned instructors have "been there."

It is important to be well prepared in class.  The students know when the professor is not well prepared.  Additionally, it is important over prepare a bit.  That way there is plenty of instructional material.

I will practice developing twice as much content as needed for a lecture

a common instructor mistake is worrying and thinking about things that will never happen.

That instructors learn and benefit from the mistake they make by making notes of the mistake and how they were resolved 

Common mistakes.

"A strategy for avoiding repeating some of the above mistakes is to make notes about how a lecture, demonstration, or activity worked for you." This is an strategy that I always implement in my class and it does help me.

No we are not teaching children but people have different personalities and people tend to clash. We need to avoid classroom disruption and make the learning environment a healthy one. 

How to maintain my instructor image positive. Also, it is better to be over-prepared than under-prepared. 

Tips on becoming a better instructor.

Fear of talking infront of people was a problem for me when i was younger. but theres nothing to be scared of.

Be prepared with extra activities to work on after your lecture is the best option; as well as taking notes of how well did that lesson go.

Being  over prepared for class is a good thing but recall that some students are not fast learners so repection is very imprtant in a class management system.  Put in extra activity if you do run out of time to help students critically think about the material you have covered. 

Remebering students names help instructors earn the respect from students. It has helped me in my education journey. 

In this topic I learned alot about instructor image. Admitting to my mistakes, and keeping control of my classroom as a new instructor.

Good preparation is the key to successful instructional delivery.

I learned that being prepared before class begins will help with any misunderstandings with students 

I learned to learn from my mistakes.

prep before class and take time to set up your class before giving the lecture. 

I learned you need to prepare before ahead of time and take notes.

Preparation, organization, being over prepared, and never be afraid to admit when you have made a mistake

Sign In to comment