Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The best lessons are learned in times of strife than in times of plenty.   Nothing goes perfectly the first time. Learn and prepare to go on.

I learned that if the instructor takes notes on what was successful  or not so successful with students will help the next time a topic is presented.

Taking the time to over prepare and to practice can help in a way of shortening the time that you had originally thought you were going to be speaking. 

As a new instructor, I should not let the students know that.

maintain confidence in the lesson plan and don't overthink preparation.

The first time I was in front of a class as an instructor was not really hard except trying to make sure I was explaining what they needed to do to become a Professional Automotive Technician, I was trying to not talk over their heads.

I like the idea of making notes during/after class to be able to fix the mistakes I made or to have notes that remind me of what went well and what did not go so well.

Over prepare nd slow down are two good things to remember with any class preparation.  I also like the idea of reflecting and jotting a few notes in the margin of the lesosn plan aftwr the class to indicate success or areas to improve.

Being prepared and orginized maybe even over prepared , and mistakes will happen just dont dwell on them and use them to become better next time 

It was helpful to see the video explaining that when you start something new you will not be good but with time and experience you will. 

Instructor image is everything. Being judged by your students from the first day of class sets the tone for the remainder of the the time together.  Its important to present yourself in a respectful, organized, humbled manner so that students feel comfortable, trust in your knowledge and welcomed. Instructors shouldnt assume students know the classroom rules, the matierial or that their age respresents maturity. Its important that we prepare ourselves as instructors before entering each class lecture/lab so that we can show our students how prepared/organized we are and knowledgeable enough to be the right fit for their learning experience. 

It was good to have the reminder that, while I may be nervous, I know the subject matter more than my students and that they are looking to me to be the SME. I will remind myself to slow down when speaking if nervous, and to make sure I have plenty of content to cover.

Prepare early, have a game plan for how class will run, prepare extra material and take notes about what went right and what went wrong. I think these tips will help things run smoothly and anything that didn't go as planned can be problem solved and a new plan can be put in place.

Class management is essential if learning is going to occur. Instructors should learn students names by the second class meeting

Never be hesitant about asking colleagues for help. To avoid any fears about situations that are not present, farmilarize oneself with the institution vision, mission, and instructional curriculum.

Over preparing for a lecture is pretty good strategy. It tends to make you touch on a more full array of keypoints. Staying caught up with grading helps me be able to tailor the lecture to everybody's needs on a performance based standpoint.

It is important to have good class management, and don't let someone else become the alfa of the classroom.

To be confident in your skills, understand we all make mistakes, do not overthink situations that may not happen and take notes on lectures that you have presented to proivide you with feed back on what worked and how you should you try some different approaches 

A strategy to stop repeating some mistakes is to take notes about how a lecture, demonstration, or activity worked for that class.  Take notes of your lesson-planning notebook. When preparing for the next class your notes will help to changes what you need to make class easier.

I will keep notes on each class so that I can learn from experience and not make or repeat any mistakes 

Sign In to comment