Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

i learned about the common mistakes of a instructor. A helpful way for a teacher to be organized is to take notes and have a plan.

Although perfection is never attainable, it is a good idea to prep for that ideal. My best lecture's are ones that I have extensively prepped for, doing the research inside and outside the textbook, and it shows! By taking the time to prepare, you are assuring as smooth as a delivery as possible. In terms of learned materials, a lecture self critique is a brilliant idea in terms of learning what you need to work on. 

I will always take notes of difficult areas, I will work on a goal plan, It is important for me to involve my students in my performance, because I like to have them be part of my growth as an instructor, I believe that as much as we are prepared there will always something that will not come out as we well planned it. keep your emotions in place and learn to move on. I have also learned that my reflection(mood) as an instructor has a lot to do with how the class runs.

1.    Ignoring Disruptive Behavior: Address disruptive behavior promptly to prevent it from escalating. Use positive reinforcement for good behavior.
    2.    Lack of Consistency: Be consistent in enforcing rules and consequences to maintain a fair and predictable learning environment.
    3.    Overlooking Individual Needs: Recognize and accommodate individual learning styles and needs to promote a supportive atmosphere.
    4.    Failure to Communicate Expectations: Clearly communicate classroom expectations, rules, and consequences at the beginning of the term and reinforce them regularly.

I really like reviewing a lesson to see how it went and what I liked or didn't like about it. Were students engaged? Did they learn anything? Every time I review I see something I could tweak. 

From this module, I have learned the importance of how being prepared for each class will positively impact student learning, respect, and rapport. Additionally, you are modeling professionalism by being prepared for each class.

New teachers should always ask for help and they should be prepared. New teachers should make a note of what worked and what did not work so well.

My big thing is having a messy desk. I didnt think they kids would think I am disorganized if my desk is messy. 

It does drive me crazy having papers to grade and having them sit on my table. 

I can learn names pretty fast and I tend to be a fun teacher which makes my rapport with students easy. 

Some things on the list I was excited to see that I naturally feel drawn to employ. A few others are hard learnings for me. I recently have found myself treading the line of "complaining about the institution" because I don't have adequate facilities to give them proper hands-on training as a CTE course. But that can also be framed as a "real world problem" not just a complaint. We are under-resourced and that is a fact. It is OK to say that while having the institution's back. 

When a instuctor expects perfection from a student and talks down to them, it's not the proper thing to do.

Not preparing and planning for your class.

Be confident in yourself and your knowledge.  Your ability to develop your own way of presenting it will unfold on its own.

Be prepare for the class and ready to visualize mistakes and use humor to address

Do not be afraid to make mistakes in the classroom.

I've learned to be aware of my mistakes and not be afraid to admit to them and correct.

Errors happen, we are only human...

When a lesson doesn't go as planned, make notes and review them for next year.  

Your goal as a professional instructor is to be seen by students as a professional educator who cares about them and their success. A person who reflects the characteristics of what is required for success in the career field,

We as instructors must be prepared and come in competent subject matter experts. Additionally, we must first do the job poorly so we can grow to doing the job well.

Being prepared makes me feel so much better. I can "get through" a lesson by winging it, but I feel better, and I KNOW it is a better lesson when I prepare.

Preparation of topic, taking notes and self-evaluating after each class is main takeaway from this session.

Sign In to comment