Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

As an instructor, it is important to show that you are enthusiastic about the subject you will be teaching. 

The more prepared you are the easier it is to motivate the students and the more motivated they are the more they will learn.

Students are excited when you acknowlege their contributions about their experiences. 

I like to motivate my students through action and success in hte lab setting.  This is achieved by showing enthusiam to the student for getting a weld done correctly.

Four cornerstones of instruction by instructors: Expertise, Empathy, Enthusiasm and clarity.

I've learned to know my students in order to motivate and instruct them in this module. I have also learned to use a positive approach and appreciate them as they achieve good work and ask for feedback when necessary.

I will try and be enthusiastic

It is important to be empathetic to your students and their needs. Understanding the students and relating to them the real life benefits of the content can help them stay focused on their motivating factor.

Knowing what motivates each student is essential to their success in the program. As teachers we can help  them   by knowing them and what motivates them. We need to be excited about what we teach and show them how the material is relevant to their career and success. 

Having compassion for the subject you are teaching shows to the students they will be more engaged. Proper planning on the instructional side will help give clarity and will also assist on showing the students that you are dedicated and actually care about the information you are giving out.

You need to use reinforcement that motivates each learner when reinforcing student learners.

Motivating your students is a big part in their success moving forward.

building honest relationships with students and showing you are human builds strong community in the classroom and helps to motivate student learners.

In this module I learned the importance of being motivated and empathetic when teaching students.  You can be a content expert but you need to learn how to teach that content by being enthusiastic and giving feedback to enhance the students learning experience. 

Motivate students to push and strive for what it is tht they want

In order to motivate students, it is essential to know their interests, their goals, their backgrounds. In addition, I need to present instruction with enthusiasm and let them know I, too, am motivated and interested in this career field.

I learned that reinforcement is a very necessary part of the teaching/learning motivation process.

Immediate feed back helps students know they are doing well and helps them determine what areas the excel at and where they need to improve.

Get graded and submitted work back quickly as it helps keep them motivated.

Great teachers know their students!!

Life experiences can serve as learnig support to the class when relates to success in the career path choen.  Feedback is important to the induviduals because they want to know how they are doing in a timely manner.

I loved the idea of expertise and enthusiasm as it comes to motivating students to learn. Being able to share relatable stories and show genuine excitement for content will ensure learning. 

Sign In to comment