Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

To individualize  teaching to each student and make them feel special. Encouragement is a big way to get their confidence up.

KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT FUN!

Setting Realistic expectations, Tangible Goals.    A safe environment to learn in, that's free of harassment, discrimination, and fear.  Seems like common sense to me.

Very good learning objective

I just try to be as creative as possible. I keep the students engaged by converting lecture to "dicussion". This way, I know if they are grasping the concepts or not.

It is important to learn your students we instructing a class. Students want to know that they are valued when attending class. Additionally, assuring that each class is engaging warrants students will actively attend each session. 

Student Retention

Entusiastic environment during teaching and learning are the key drivers that enable students in achiving their meaningful career goals, by balancing the priorities 

Help students to realize you are human.  Ease their fears, be straightforward.  Let students know you are there to help

In this section what stood out most to me is the importance of self-confidence. It's important for the student to have self confidence in order to help them succeed. As a instructor, being supportive, encouraging and prepared helps the student feel more confident and ready to succeed. Also greeting the students, learning their names and having a postive attitude sets a great learning environment and helps build their condifence in the class.

It is important for instructors to never put students against one another, instead it would be better to incorporate group competitions to have the students feel more engaged while keeping a safer environment. 

Being a expert in the feild gives you a chance to be yourself and keep things lite and this alone will keep the students wanting to learn.

What I have learned about this module is the importance of creating a learning environment that will keep students enagaged, and encourage participation by doing dynamic activities and maintaining a positive learning environment. My students can contact me regarding any question to clarify misunderstandings, that way they can feel heard. As an instructor, I will continue to lead by example and support my students in their career pathway. 

I like being an little lighthearted and having fun with students at the begining of class it seems to lighten the mood of the day.

I learned that even your students are adults, they enjoy doing childish things and you can incorporate some of these into your class.

Keeping class from being too boring and unengaged. Using various tools to distract and interact with students at the beginning of class are great ways to encourage learning. Keeping competition, used as a engaging tool, to group settings in order to prevent students from feeling less adequate or not smart enough to compete one to one.

I have learned to update my method for orientation at the start of a course to present a positive, open environment for my students. I have also discovered several ways or techniques to tailor and lead my lead program. 

Providing an atmosphere to encourage and engage students can positively impact learning and retention of students. Being enthusiastic and pleasant can be an added bonus to help engage students. Remember, students come from different backgrounds in life and learning and we have to find ways to help them be successful.

Be enthusiatic and bring shared experiences

Even though you might be teaching adult learners, they do enjoy a fun learning environment. It's ok to incorporate jokes and activities to make the learning experience humourous and more enjoyable. 

The importance of creating and engaging learning enviornment was very helpful as well as making their education personal. I also think the point about making sure the students know that what they are learning is also what is expected in the real world was aslo very important. 

Sign In to comment