Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think that the human factor is very important and i think its important for students to realize that you have been through what they are going through and validate their feelings. 

I like the idea of keeping the classroom as spontaneous as possible.

Recognition and reward are important aspects of teaching. It is important to respect students and it is important for students to have self respect.

I am glad they course discussed not teaching your students like high school students. 

I enjoyed reimagining the aspect of how my passion for the field can be used to enhance my classroom experience.

Being a confident instructor and creating a positive learning environment for higher achievement improves the overall success rate for students

The human factor is important because we are models of professionalism; something for students to aspire to be.  As such, students need to remember that although we are professionals and we take what we do seriously, we are also human and we make mistakes sometimes.  Especially in my field, there's always an expectation of "perfection" and it's important to remind students that nobody is perfect and those expectations are not realistic.

Learning students and adapting teaching methods is so difficulty. I believe that is why most people I see lecture.  I plan to make name cards for each student and work very hard to make sure I pronounce it well as I don't like when students change their name to make it easier for others to pronounce. I think that this talks about the level of caring by wanting to learn their names as quickly as possible. 

Sign In to comment