I learned that students' retention depends heavily on creating a supportive and positive learning environment. As an instructor, I will apply this by being fair and consistent, showing enthusiasm for what I teach, recognizing students' progress, and providing encouragement when they struggle. My goal is to help students stay motivated, engaged, and focused on successfully completing their training.
stick to the curriculum but make it your own, have fun with it and the students will mirror your vibe
Knowing your subject matter and having the confidence to teach it, put you at ease as well as your students to learn, have fun and open the door to communication.
Create a positive fun environment for adult students
treating the students with respect and learning their names early are great ways to build rapport with them. maybe even sprinkle in a joke here and there.
From this module, I learned that student retention is supported by building positive relationships, maintaining regular communication, identifying struggling students early, and providing academic and personal support when needed. Creating an engaging and inclusive learning environment helps students stay motivated and connected to their educational goals. I intend to apply these strategies by being approachable, monitoring student progress, offering timely feedback, and connecting students with available resources to help them succeed and persist in their studies.
Encouragement goes along way when it comes to learning. Making the class and subject fun will keep students engage.
Instructors showing interest and excitement in what they are teaching helps motivate their students.
If you show enthusiasm in regards to the topic then your students will as well.
Show the class enthusiasm for learning the specific course. Making it fun and using some of the instructor's experience for the classes they are taking will keep them engaged.
Being positive and enthusiastic about the subject, or what you're teaching will project to the students and make for a better learning experience.
Establishing rapport, being caring, encouraging, respectful, and being a professional with a positive attitude will help me to be seen as an approachable and helpful authority figure to students. Making them as comfortable as possible from their point of view should help to keep them interested in attending my class because they want to be there. Ultimately, I'd like them to see me as someone who can help them to succeed in accomplishing goals. I remember being a student quite well and have a pretty good perspective on their point of view. As their instructor, I'll keep that in mind.
One of my main takeaways from this module is that student retention depends heavily on the classroom environment an instructor creates. Students are more likely to remain engaged when they feel respected, supported, and capable of succeeding. I also learned that enthusiasm, frequent feedback, active learning, and appropriate moments of fun can build rapport and reduce some of the anxiety students may bring into the classroom.
being able to use different learning styles and allowing the students to fit in and have fun with the material is a key way to promote learning.
This module has taught me that providing students with a fun and engaging learning environment does not have to be super crazy, but can often times be little spontaneous moments that engage the students, get them ready to learn and build rapport with their instructor (you). This can often increase student retention as well due to them being more invested in the class.
One of the most important lessons I learned is that student retention depends on creating a supportive, engaging, and student-centered learning environment. Effective instructors promote retention by establishing clear expectations, maintaining consistent communication, providing timely feedback, and recognizing students' progress. Building positive relationships and identifying struggling students early can also improve persistence and academic success. As an instructor, I plan to foster an inclusive classroom where students feel respected, encouraged, and comfortable asking questions. I will use active learning strategies, connect course content to real-world applications, and provide additional support when needed. These strategies will help motivate students, strengthen their confidence, and improve course completion rates.
Projecting the "Human Factor" is huge for instructors. learning students names, and a tidbit of information about them, can really build a good positive rapport. this will help provide personalized education for the students, and build an open positive atmosphere, which will help keep them stay engaged and looking forward to class.
Create a happy and positive attitude so it is reflected in your students. Kindness is key!
I have learned from this course that keeping students engaged and committed to learning starts with fostering a positive and welcoming classroom environment. Small key practices such as learning student's names correctly, greeting them at the beginning of class, clear communication, and demonstrating genuine enthusiasm for the course can have a meaningful impact on student motivation and dedication towards their goals. I plan to demonstrate these strategies by developing strong connections with my students, promoting active involvement in class, and creating an environment where every student feels valued, supported, and capable of achieving success without feeling discouraged.
One thing I learned from this module is that student retention depends on creating a supportive and engaging learning environment. Small actions like learning students' names, greeting them each class, setting clear expectations, and showing enthusiasm for the subject can make a big difference in helping students stay motivated. I plan to apply these strategies by building positive relationships with my students, encouraging active participation, and creating a classroom where students feel respected, supported, and confident in their ability to succeed.