Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It is ok to have fun in class,to even share a joke with the students. This does not only relief pressure but also helps the students settle in. 

I've learned student retention is in part a major objective of the instructor.  Through providing physical comfort, security, acceptance and self-respect students are more likely to succeed and complete the course.  I apprecaite the content on enthusiasm and fun while understanding adult learners are more likely to be active learners versus passive learners.  

It is important to make the students feel that you know each of them on a personal level and you will do what it takes to make them succeed. I already make it a point to try and know everyone by name. Being virtual now, I make it a priority to reach out to students and make sure there is nothing I can help them with. If I see the student is struggling, I make it a point to see what I can do to help them. 

There was a lot of content that I enjoyed in this section.  Since we are in a COVID environment, I greet each student as they sign into Teams.  This helps me to establish a rapport and learn their voices when they ask for help.  I also think knowing your subject and presenting it with enthusiasm is very important.  Teachin energizes me.

Greeting students at the door each day and creating a warm welcoming routine for the start of class buildings a positive classroom environment for students of all ages. I appreciated the suggestion to bring in industry experts to reinforce your expectations and the outcomes for your course- this is a great way to bring relevance and real world application into your classroom in an authentic way.

knowing my students names and their background helps me understand why they are there and what they need from me to be successful. 

Being enthusiastic and excited to teach will help students engage more in learning. 

Reply to Pa Chi Moua's post: I'd like to add: Adult learners don't mind having conversations while learning, which in turn, makes the topic have meaning, depth, and relavance.

Be creative and add levity when able -build rapport

Making sure you're giving a quality atmospher for all student of all ages to be able to learn in. 

respecting and treating students as adults create a civility in the classroom and foster improved learning environment 

Bringing genuine enthusiasm to my lessons will motivate my students

I want to know what type of activities we can do to start the day and motivate the students?

II have learned some fun little ways to interact with my student.

By implementing active learning strategies into my classroom allows students to become part of their own learning.  It also gives me a compass as to whether or not they are retaining the concepts that are being taught.  I can learn from this and change things that do not work and continue with those that do. 

I plan on encorparating case studies as well as small group presentations on different concepts that are part of the objectives of the course.  This will allow them to build rapport with other students, brainstorm, and learn how to work within a group setting while being actively engaged while learning the content.

This gives me the confident to make jokes in the classroom.

Empathy and compassion to demonstrate the teachers human response is important in teaching students in the classroom.

Allow students to utlize their real life experiences in order for adult learners to feel more involved.

Make it interesting for them and have fun. Reward the student no matter how big or small the accomplishment is.

I always open my class with a light hearted or humorous story. this helps to gather the students thoughts and gives an opprotunity for input and feed back from the students. it unites us as a classby uniting our thoughts on a common subject. This established a great learning atmosphere prior to entering the lesson subject.

Sign In to comment