Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think the human factor is really important for student rentention, especially with some of these Zoom classes. It is important to show that you care about the students and the course curriculum. 

My daily goal is to create a fun, positive learning environment. I believe in providing students with positive verbal feedback when for participating in class discussions and activities.

Treat students like they are attending college, not middle school. See them as grown adults but also still figure out ways to break the ice in a fun childlike but professional manner. 

Greeting each student at the begining of class.

Having fun in class is a key component to keeping your students engaged.

By keeping a student engaged, you assist them in learning and participating at all levels they're capable of.  Creating an environment of inclusivity.

Being involved, creative, and attentive to the different learning styles and needs of students can assist a instructor is laying a environment for active participation and knowledge development

after reading this material I reflected on my education. I had teachers that ran the gamut of the" monotone plodder" who made class a tortuous experience to the dynamic teacher who captivated students and made learning fun.

I plan on trying to be dynamic and adaptive. I undertand that each group of students may need a different approach to maximize their learning experience. I can not set my teaching method in stone.

Place yourself in the seats and minds of the students. Try to vizualize the way that they preceive you as an instructor. If you dont like the model that you are seeing, there is a good chance that the students will have the same feelings while in class. 

HUMAN FACTOR, make an effort to build rapport with your students the moment they set foot in the classroom.

I would always remember the "horse" analogy.

It is important to have fun in the opening moments of class, as the best instructors always helped us relax and prep for learning. I would like to focus on this since I have a pattern of starting with a greeting then covering the objectives for the class.

I plan to continue to be ethusiatic and of course show visual aid to draw atention and student envilvement when in class/ groups. 

I bring excitement to the class room because I love what I do. I love to open up with the joke of the day to get their attention. I then often have them engaged in a fix my problem conversation where they tell me how to troubleshoot a mechanical A.C. issue.

Students have many life experiences that have given them many different kinds of skills. They want to use these skills to develop knowledge and expertise to achieve their career goals. This can be done in a lot of ways. Call them by name, give feedback that is fair and caring. Have fun in the classroom by being transparent with the students. Reinforce and reward them to see a higher rate of success.

i have a certain standard for my students. I have to hold that standard and they will rise to it. I am not a babysitter.

In my previous expiriences in teaching, I always manage to throw in a joke or 2 to keep the students enguaged & interested in the current lesson. This behavior keeps the students lookin forward to comming back  to class.

As an instructor it is important that we are presented content in a creative manner to keep student engaged. We must continuously evaluate ourselves and change according to the student population and our personal development. 

I think that it is a great idea to great the students each day, it shows that we care about the individual

Creativity, self evaluation, reflection is what I learned from this activity and can incorporate in areas needing improvement

Adult learners generally try harder than younger students because they see the value in education. 

Sign In to comment