Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

For the most part my class is very straight to the point, focus a lot on covering the materials needs and i also make it a fun environment by implementing puzzles, group activities. I focus on getting the students to somewhat enjoy coming to class and making learing fun.

Learn about your students.  Care about your students.  Always be supportive and encouraging and acknowledge how well they are doing.

I will be starting the class off with a story or experience from my time in the field, or ask a student to share one of their moments, as a way to ease into the class. The session will start as soon as the bell rings, however I am hoping that getting used to a little story or real life experience that will tie into the lesson plan will help to keep them engaged.

I have always felt that being a teacher is a like being a performer to some degree.  While I am certainly an introvert at heart, teaching has forced me to be an extrovert for at least a few hours a day, because I know I am in the spotlight and on stage to some degree.  I have to take subjects (math and chemistry) that are very challenging and usually dry and boring for most, and try to make them come to life.  

This module expolred the importance of knowledge transfer, from the perspective of being able to develop rapport with students.  I will includde first day skills, greeting students for every class, and starting each class with some lightheartness.  

It is important to learn an interesting fact about each student.  This helps to develop a relationship with the student and allows you to involve their personal strengths into the classroom

I love the idea of raising the students self respect to aid in their success.

This section really underscores why it is important to entertain the students. Not as a priority, but as a supplment to dense or otherwise boring material. Give it some passion, life, humor, and that will go a long way to encouraging students to learn with vigor.

Words of affirmation and adding fun to the class helps with retention. 

good module 

I have learned that instructors have to make learning enjoyable. Instructors need to be excited about their field ad ensure that they are engaging Adult students. 

Adult learners are motivate with clear goals in mind

Sometimes we get tied up with the tasks of completing covering material needed we forget the people component of our students. If we are able to balance both things, the tasks and the people component, we are going to be more successful in engaging students and student success will also rise. 

The instructor must make the class not only informative, but also fun. I usually start the class with some fun piece of news, something that can relate to the class for that day. The student must understand that you are not only about the lesson, but you care about them as persons.

Student directed learning. Adult learners have various skills and experiences. Encouragement and acknowledging achievement fosters student motivation and success in reaching goals they set for themselves.

Being creative in the classroom helps break the monotony of the class, making it more enjoyable for both the instructor and students.

I think I will put an effort into keeping the students engaged by showing my enthusiasm for what I’m teaching by implementing different ideas to subjects I myself find mundane.

I think providing a comfortable and enjoyable environment that everyone has respect  for each other, in addition, to creating a free flowing of ideas and information creates a great learning environment.

This got me energized. 

be enthusiastic about what youre teaching

Sign In to comment