Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of keeping the students engaged and interested in the course content through illustrations and case studies can enhance learning.  I enjoyed the aspect of the human factor and the importance of getting to know your students backgrounds and goals.

It is very important to create a positive environment for students. Buidling a good rapport will help to make students feel comfortable. 

A great course to remind myself that I need to improve for the needs of the new students for each new term.

I llike the sandwich idea of learn....apply.....learn....apply.  I want to be successful at this. 

I am new in the teaching field and is enjoying what I have learnt from this course so far and had received a lot of pointers to prepare me for classroom teaching, which I have never done yet

I have learned that in order to have student success you must be able to keep them engaged, be supportive and not be too controlling. 

Making students feel important and that they can be successful is important.

Importance of creating a comfortable learning enviorment. Developing student rapport and addressing each student by name aids in  increasing self respect for the students. always be engauging and listen to student concerns. 

Learning the difference between active and passive learners will help instructors reach students on their levels. Getting to know student's names help to build a rapport.  

give frequent early positive feedback to students.  They need that support.

Getting to know students and sharing of background experiences helps nontraditional students to find their place in the class. Being a positive influence and providing ongoing support can help students remained focused on their career goals. 

Both children and adults respond well to positive reinforcement.  By acknowledging a student's accomplishments, a professor can help adult students feel more confident in their learning.  Additionally, by outlining expectations at the beginning, students can draft a plan for success that can be reinforced by the professor.  Treating students like individuals, celebrating their successes, and building rapport can help improve retention.

I learned  students need  physical comfort,  security, acceptance and self-respect. It is importnat to know students names and greet them. This establishes rapport and respect. Setting realistic goals increases competency and xpectations. Daily reinforcement and recognition of a job well done by the student will increase student achievement and in turn student satisfaction.

Greeting the students by name helps build rapport and allows the instructor to give positive and constructive feedback. Also, it gives students the confidence to engage in the learning process.

Adult learners are both motivated and intimidated.  Tying class material to concrete professional goals and providing a supportive, comfortable, responsive environment are both vital to student retention.

I think it is important to utilize the human factor in any classroom, but especially in those with adult learners.  This helps learners to feel less stressed about acheiving a certain grade by themselves and they are more willing to utilize the teacher as a resource.

Dana Redmond

I plan to allow autonomy for folks to bring their experiences in to the class. Adult learners want to bring in their own skills, and work ethics. The younger generations tend to be focused on how they are perceived by their peers, and the fear of failure.

General methods in which to connect with students to help them feel recognized and important. Recognizing signs of potential fear and issues entering ew ourse material. Subtle ways to keep class interesting and keep the students looking forward to coming to learn each day

Encourage self- respect and nourish it through priase of small successes daily

Proivdign postive enviornement is very essential for teaching. As teach I will tell the students  the first day requiremnts and given feedback and recognition for what they do eah day. 

Sign In to comment