Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

its important to inspire sucess to allow achievement of realistic goals

i always try to learn the students names by the first few classes i also try to to some one on one time to learn more about them. i explain that if they need some one one time to ask question we can talk after class . 

I can relate to these tips.  As a nontradition student, I remember being in this space quite vividly.  Having instructors that had a solid foundation, who were competent, caring, and encouraging made a huge difference!

Learning to be more creative when teaching. Truing to get the sstudents engaged and involved to obtain the information that is being taught.

It is a great idea to bring someone in from the industry to talk to students about expectations both in the areas of work product and professional behavior.

Listen and respect your students and what they are trying to achieve.  

It is important to be engaging and fun while still obtaining your goals for content delivery. Find ways that are fun to break up longer or tougher cocepts.

Students are people. As an instructor, we must consider the human factor which equates to instructional success. The module brought out a great point regarding the human factor as a foundation in which we build our reputation as a dedicated instructor. I am one to really push personal attention in the classroom !

Being open and honest.  Circling back and having open feedback with your students is important for success. 

Building rapport with students keeps them engaged in the learning process. Also, I liked the "learn, apply, learn, apply" method as it makes learning active. Also, at the beginnng of every class, while waiting for students to arrive, having conversations with students or telling a short story helps them to relax before the class begins.

I learned that students need clear guidelines and structure to help them understand the material. 

We learn how to create positive environments for the students!

It important to have that human factor and really know your students along the process of education.

I learned how to be creative has helped when it comes to teaching

I think having a "fun" moment balanced with a "serious" moment and then a quick discussion on what we can learn from it with the class will be very engaging, especially when incorporating the student's clinical experiences.   

I appreciate the light hearted approach to making class fun. Letting adults be "kids" even for the moment may take a great load off of their mind. While keeping things serious there is still an appreciation for having the mindset that people may not be perfect in making perfect things and it helps create comradery of what it took to get there. Sharing life's experiences.

1. always be postive 2. don't become apathetic 3. always remember the human factor these and much more will be help the learning environment and the students reach their goal

Show your enthusiasm for the subject that you teach. This can positively impact the experience that students have whil taking your course. 

Through this module, I learned just how important it is to build relationships with your students. I feel like especially with many courses being taught online, this is even more important so that the students feel like they are cared for and supported. 

Creating a classroom community is so important to making sure that all students get what they need out of the course. Greeting students and acknowledging them individually helps with this.

Sign In to comment