Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

This course is both, a great eye opener and refresher.  

Giving me as an instructor supportive direction in the pursuit of my purpose as an instructor. 

Comment on Hermine Forte-Morris's post:  I agree. 

Having continual discussions and follow-ups with those students that don't come to class faithfully is important to retain retention.

My takeaway from this course is that understanding each student and what motivates them, can be helpful with student retention. Understanding that each student comes from a different background is helpful in the guidance process. 

This helped me to see how important it is to develop a rapport with your students in assisting them to be successful. 

I've learned that its important to the adult leaner's whole leaning experience 

Understanding the needs of each and every student and building relationships are keys to success.  We shouldn’t assume we know things about students without actually getting to know them. Be mindful of the differences in needs and motivations of all students, keeping in mind they may all have different experiences and supports. 

It is important to provide or at least assist with providing support for students who are in need of it; especially when there are resources available to help. Being a good motivator is also helpful because everyone's reasons for seeking their education can vary from person to person. Understanding the motivation behind a student's learning might shed light on how the instructor/professor can best help.

Ive learned that you need to listen to all student needs because each student is going to be unique 

student retention is very important 

Through this course I have reminded myself of the journey of students.  It helps me to remember that socialization is very important.

It is important to utilize the knowledge from the student's previous background as well as how to work with an adult learner. 

I have learned that it is essential to determine the students needs in order for them to be successful in the classroom.

This course helped understand learning from the student's perspective and how engaging in class to improve student's success. 

Knowing and understanding the students' need are vital in enhancing student learning and participation. 

I've learned to have discussions about content and encourage students participation. Have course organized and all tools available for use to apply a real world experience in the classroom. Prompting students to ask questions and encouraging classroom discussion.

I've learned about the hierarchy of needs including basic needs, safety, belongingness, ego status, and self-actualization. 

I've learned  by  providing  encouragement may help student meet some of their life goals

I learned that as a facilitator for learning, on of my biggest jobs is helping my students (or giving them the tools) to overcome obstacles (some physical and some internal).

Understanding students unique life circumstances and career goals are important in order to tailor your content and teaching style to meet as many students needs as possible. Having office hours and open communication with students is vital to build rapport and offer support as indicated. 

Sign In to comment